Walking The Plank

Yes, that was a horrible title. I just don’t have anything witty in my this morning!

As I’m sure you can guess, I decided to try out my new Honest Foods Pomegranate Walnut Crisp Granola Plank today on my oats. And since it was a testing out kinda morning, I also decided my oats should kick it Chocolate Covered Vegan Blended Oat style!

food-1861

• 1/2 cup oats, milk, water
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp flaxseed
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • shredded coconut
  • hemp seed
  • 1/4 Honest Foods Pomegranate Walnut Crisp Granola Plank
  • I blended my oats after cooking the oats, milk, water, banana and adding the ground flaxseed, then I swirled in the peanut butter and added my toppings :D

food-1862

Since there was pomegranate in my granola, I figured POM juice was in order!

food-1864

The aroma from the granola plank is awesome! And it tastes good too, obviously. But I just love the smell of it. I’ll be very sad when it’s all gone. Oh Honest Foods, bring your plank to the west coast of Canada…you know you want to. The blended oats were good too. I would really like to try that with some other grains in a savoy fashion for dinner, because I think it would be most excellent :D

Well, I should go pack my lunch and head off to a day filled with meetings!

About these ads

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

14 Comments on “Walking The Plank”

1. February 17, 2009 at 7:51 am #

Wonderful oats!!

Good luck with the meetings!!

2. February 17, 2009 at 8:05 am #

Love Honest Foods. Ah, planks. What a great invention.

3. chocolatecoveredvegan
      February 17, 2009 at 8:07 am #

Yayyayyay :o)

I love your addition of the granola plank. I’ve been seeing them around th blgosphere, but not in the real world yet.

Defiitely, try the blending technique with savory grains– it makes for a delicious pilaf if you use wheatberries, barley, bulgur… well, basically anything :o)

4. jrsimon56
      February 17, 2009 at 8:10 am #

Thanks for the product review. I’ll have to try out the planks. Shiver me timbers!

5. February 17, 2009 at 8:15 am #

I’m so jealous of your plank, but happy that you enjoyed it!!:)

6. February 17, 2009 at 8:29 am #

Have you tried the Maple Plank – it’s the best!!!!!

7. February 17, 2009 at 8:48 am #

Those oats make me want to throw my lunch in the trash and try that!

8. luckytastebuds
      February 17, 2009 at 9:07 am #

Morning Marianne!! I am going to sound like a broken record, but DANNGGG your pictures of all your creations always make me drool!!! Do you mind me asking what kind of camera you have?? (not that it’s your camera who does all the great work, but I’m thinking about a new one and you definitely have the BEST pics out there in the blog world!)

• February 17, 2009 at 11:34 pm #

luckytastebuds – I’m using a Canon Digital Rebel EOS, an older school digital SLR. Okay, it’s not really that old, but it’s old school in the world of digital cameras! I really need to pick up a thin point & shoot so I can take it with me places, because my camera now is just too big for all occasions. I also wish I didn’t have to use the flash in my place all the time. If only I had some windows…But I’m glad you like my photos :D

9. February 17, 2009 at 9:10 am #

Oh my gosh, totally love how you added the plank!

10. February 17, 2009 at 9:25 am #

What a yummy bowl of oats!

11. February 17, 2009 at 11:53 am #

I’m quite jealous that you got to try one of the planks. They need to get them over here in Ontario too. I have yet to see them anywhere and I’m unimpressed.

Shout out to the blended oats. SO good like that.

12. February 17, 2009 at 12:53 pm #

Wow that looks so great!!!!!!!!!!

13. February 17, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

So glad you like the granola plank! They make such an amazing addition to oats!!