Who Wears False Eyelashes?

*raises hand*

me 029 me 030

Isn’t skating make-up sexy? ;) I don’t know why I don’t wear this every day!

So, it’s time for the March 12th recap! Hold on to your seats!

I spent the morning tearing through my drawers looking for all my skating stuff (make-up, eyelashes, tights, etc) since I was going to have to go straight from work to the rink for the ice show). I also had to half do my hair before I left, so this didn’t leave alot of time for breakfast. Hence, cereal was on the menu.

Into the mix went Nature’s Path FlaxPlus Pumpkin Raisin Crunch, Honey Nut Cheerios, and Original Puffins (taste like cornbran!), as well as an extra sprinkling of raisins. Yum!

With the usual. You know how it goes.

Work was work. It was cupcake day for the January/February/March birthdays, but I was still trying to get through my lunch, so I passed. Plus I had that lovely electric blue cupcake last night ;)

Speaking of lunch…I brought a crapload of food with me to work, because I knew I wouldn’t be home until 8 pm. Lunch was one of those “use up stuff before it goes bad” kinda days. First, there was a Multigrain Flatout Wrap with Laughing Cow cheese, red pepper jelly, and smoked deli chicken.

Then I threw some stuff together for a saladchickpeas, wheat berries, leftover steamed broccoli/carrots, cucumber, red grapes. It was pretty random.

I also smashed up half a banana that was in my fridge, mixed it with some plain yogurt, and topped it with the last of my frozen blueberries and some flax seed.

Then there was a little bit of lettuce and some Annie’s Goddess Dressing (for the salad), and the Chocolate Chip Z-Bar that Missy gave me for Valentine’s, just in case I was ready to eat my arm off at the rink.

So I ate the salad & wrap for lunch, but ended up tossing half the broccoli and lettuce, because it was soggy and not so good. I ate the yogurt mix at 3:30 pm, since I was leaving at 4, and it held me over really well. I didn’t get hungry until I was almost home! The Z-Bar is still hanging out in my purse for another day :)

Now dinner. I had this idea in my head since I made my apple pie oats with cheddar. I wanted to explore the whole sweet/savoury oat combo, and thought dinner tonight would be the perfect time to try it out.

Check it out!

• 1/2 cup oats, milk, water
  • 1/2 gala apple, chopped
  • cinnamon
  • 2 slices of bacon, cooked til really crispy & crumbled
  • cheddar cheese, shredded
  • maple syrup

Yeah, you read that all right! I’ve seen stratas made with this sort of combo of ingredients, so I figured why not try it out on some oats.

A piece of sourdough bread also made it into the toasted, and somehow covered itself in chunky peanut butter.

Group photo op!

So the oats? Really damn good :D It was a great combination of salty & sweet. The only thing that would have made it better was if I timed it better, and the oats didn’t sit around as long as they did before my toast & bacon were ready. It was a bit too cooled off for my liking, but that’s not the fault of the flavours. And if I had some aged cheddar, it would be perfect! It’s not something I’d make every day, because it’s pretty rich, but every once in a while, it’s an awesome switch up, and made a great dinner :D

I was pretty full after dinner, so I just sipped on some raspberry & white tea, while doing dishes and watching Survivor/Grey’s and now ER. And in case you were wondering, the ice show went pretty well. It was great to be on the ice performing again, even if it was just a show program. You do kinda miss the eyelashes too ;)

But now, it’s time to chill on the couch with the furry monkey until bed time. Night!

About these ads

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Snack

18 Comments on “Who Wears False Eyelashes?”

1. March 13, 2009 at 2:05 am #

Love the make up! I love how the eyelashes bring your eyes out! Fab lunch as well! The wrap looks delicious!

2. March 13, 2009 at 4:33 am #

BEAUTIFUL eats… and your eyes look amazing!! I wish I could wear false eyelashes, but alas, I’m allergic to adhesive!!

• March 13, 2009 at 11:45 am #

Mara – thanks so much for the eye compliment :D I have a love/hate relationship with false eyelashes. Too bad you allergic to the adhesive, because you totally could have played with them for your wedding (although, not ridiculously huge ones like we have to wear for skating).

3. March 13, 2009 at 4:40 am #

Love the makeup!! Oh and just so you know, if I ever wore fake eyelashes, my real eyelashes would extend outward 3 inches. No joke – that’s how long mine are!! I can’t wear mascara!! :-D

• March 13, 2009 at 11:39 am #

VeggieGirl – then I am officially jealous of your lashes! My real ones suck, they are so blond they may as well not be there. Same with my eyebrows (I have to colour those in to even get them to the light colour you see there).

4. March 13, 2009 at 4:48 am #

Cute make up ;) Your sourdough bread has officially made me jeal!

5. March 13, 2009 at 5:24 am #

Gorgeous! You have beautiful eyes.

• March 13, 2009 at 11:42 am #

Katie – Thanks! I do kinda like my blue eyes :)

6. March 13, 2009 at 5:33 am #

With my luck my face eyelashes would fall in mood in the middle of a conversation! Looks good on you though. That is the craziest mix of oats!

7. March 13, 2009 at 5:45 am #

gorgeous makeup!!! i always loved the colors people got to wear in ice skating.

and um, love the oats. send me some? :D

8. March 13, 2009 at 6:06 am #

That is some funky makeup!! My eyes are relly sensitive so I bet they’d water like crazy if I put fake lashes on!!!

Your wrap sounds really good and so do your oats! GREAT combo of flavours you had going on in there!!! :)

• March 13, 2009 at 11:43 am #

Krista – that’s actually a tamer version too, because usually there is some added sparkle, and more bronzer. Plus I took the pics after I had gotten home, so the colours are a little faded. My eyes can get pretty sensative too with all the crap we have to put on them, especially the liquid eyeliner and sparkles. I find the eyelashes/eyelash glue isn’t too bad.

9. March 13, 2009 at 6:47 am #

I just stumbled across your blog… your eyelashes look fabulous!! I’ve never been able to get a handle on those. The one time I did, they were falling off after a couple of hours. ;)

10. March 13, 2009 at 7:06 am #

Wore fakes all the time for dance competitions! :D Your oats look exactly like loaded mashed, how awesome!

11. March 13, 2009 at 7:43 am #

Which brand do you use for false eyelashes? I was thinking of getting some!

12. March 13, 2009 at 11:36 am #

ah… I don’t eat pork, but now thinking turkey bacon in my apple cheddar oats would be great! Your salad looks delicious- I LOVE leftover broccoli in salad but never have any leftover :P

love the eyelashes!

13. March 15, 2009 at 9:03 am #

Love the makeup, it makes your eyes very Twiggy-esque. Random or intentional the wheatberry/fruit/veggie mix for your salad sounds awesome with Goddess dressing, I love that stuff.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Double The Peanut Butter « from french fries to flax seeds - March 21, 2009

[...] I must jet – have to get all made up in that lovely skating makeup [...]