Did Someone Turn The Heat On?

Seriously – I’m sitting here, and it’s freakin’ boiling here in my place. Normally, it’s like the Arctic Circle in my dungeon basement suite, but it’s so warm in here. Weird.

Anyways, I digress. Let’s check out some food, okay?

Dinner was some randomness put together quickly. It started with inspiration from Kristie at Lighter Portions.

She had made a baked potato the other night with some salsa & sour cream. It looked awesome, so I went with it. I scooped out the insides of my Yukon Gold, and mashed it up with a little salsa & sour cream, and topped it with a little jalapeno jack cheese.

Looking in the freezer, I saw I still had some portabella mushroom burgers, so I grilled up one of those. To keep with the Mexi theme, I mashed up 1/4 of an avocado with a wedge of Laughing Cow and a little spice. Creamy deliciousness!

All served up with a side of leftover steamed veggies – carrot, green bean, mushrooms.

I highly recommend the avocado/Laughing Cow combination. I bet it would make a great dip, spread, perhaps even a pasta salad sauce? Ah, the possibilities!

There was gym action again tonight. 30 min on the treadmill, walking on inclines, followed by 25 min on the stationary bike. I’m still horrible at walking on the treadmill. People probably think I’m drunk or something. Any tricks for not looking like a spaz while walking on the treadmill? I lose my balance way too easily.

I attempted some roasted wasabi chickpeas when I got home. Epic fail. I blame my stupid oven, because they burned, and I followed the directions. They had promise though. I’ll have to try again.

To make up for the stinky burnt chickpeas, I made a beautiful yogurt bowl. I call it Sunburst!

On a base of plain yogurt you will find sliced strawberries, lemon curd, creamy coconut spread, and Nature’s Path Vanilla Almond Granola. Gorgeous and delicious! What more could you want in a snack?

Now, I must sleep. But you should check out these contests:

• Gina – The Fitnessista – is giving away a cookbook AND macaroons. Hells yes!
  • Katie – Chocolate Covered – is challenging you to try new foods. Then tell her all about it. And you could win a customized gift package. Can I get another Hells Yes?!
About these ads

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Contest, Dessert, Dinner

8 Comments on “Did Someone Turn The Heat On?”

1. April 29, 2009 at 2:20 am #

All your food is always assembled in such a pretty way! That bowl of yoghurt and fruit for example – beautiful!

2. April 29, 2009 at 4:25 am #

Stinky chickpeas?? ew! But at least it LOOKS pretty!

3. April 29, 2009 at 4:27 am #

Sunburst huh? GORGEOUS!

4. April 29, 2009 at 6:20 am #

Your baked potato turned out much nicer than mine. I completely destroyed the skin when scooping out the innards. Sigh!

Love the avocado/laughing cow mash. I’m trying that asap.

And the yogurt bowl is gorgeous! Best snack ever.

5. April 29, 2009 at 6:25 am #

Yummy yogurt bowl! And I just saw the avocado/LC mix over at Coco’s blog confirming that I must try it!

I’ve heard before that a strong core will keep you steady on the treadmill. Not sure if there’s any truth to that and you just may well have rock hard abs for all I know, but its a thought….. ;)

6. April 29, 2009 at 7:10 am #

Woah, that Sunburst is ggg-gorgeous! Why am I surprised? It’s you, after all! Your breakfasts ALWAYS look amazing!

Thanks so so much for linking to me, Marianne! You’re so sweet!

7. April 29, 2009 at 8:21 am #

That dinner is GENIUS! I’m so copying that one of these days when I decide to bust out of my rut!

8. April 29, 2009 at 11:44 am #