We’re Number One!

My hockey boys, the Vancouver Canucks, won their game tonight, and are now the number one team in the Northwest! Woohoo! Only 6 more games left in the season, so hopefully we can hold on to our spot 😀

I’m going to make this quick – it’s waaaaay past my bed time. My friend stopped by with some juice (they were out at the grocery store, and it’s only on sale til today, so he picked it up at his store) and watched the news. I also had him test out one of my Almond-Quinoa muffins (aka – the Hippie Muffin), and it got the thumbs up 😀

Dinner was leftovers from Sunday night.

Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots mixed with whole wheat penne, olive oil, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic.

I added some corn to it, and topped it with shredded parmesan. Yum!

It’s such a filling and great tasting meal. I love that it’s super easy to make, and you can just add whatever veggies on hand. And that it’s not a tomato sauce! It’s one of the few ways I’ll eat pasta.

As mentioned, there was hockey this evening, some general cleaning of my house, a little reading, and some tv. I worked in a few planks in there as well – I can get just over a minute pretty well, and then my back starts to hurt. I blame my car accident injuries for that. Or perhaps my form is off? Suggestions anyone?

I had a lovely dessert this evening as well – a coconut milk ice cream sundae!

I scooped out a serving of Coconut Milk Ice Cream, heated up some raspberries, and drizzled those on top. Then I added a few chocolate chips for kicks 😀

All sorts of great flavours. I just love that coconut milk ice cream. Coconutty goodness!

I’m off to slumber land, but you should check out the wicked giveaway that Katie at Chocolate Covered Katie is giving away – it’s CCV In A Box! Very exciting 😀 Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Contest, Dessert, Dinner

10 Comments on “We’re Number One!”

1. Nicole
    April 1, 2009 at 5:11 am #

Mmmm, I’d like some of that dessert!

2. April 1, 2009 at 5:38 am #

The only plank suggestion I have is to make sure you’re not dropping your hips while your holding it – that can stress your back.

Hippie muffins – haha!! Thanks for reassuring me with my school freak out 😀

3. April 1, 2009 at 5:56 am #

I love that you are so in to hockey. So funny. I don’t own a TV and haven’t for the last three years. The last hockey game I went to was the Winnipeg Jets. Which means it was sometime in the 80’s and I was under the age of ten. We wore white to the game. And that is all I know of hockey. Only becomes shameful when I leave the country and am expected to know more.

4. April 1, 2009 at 5:57 am #

This poor hockey fan in Dallas is AMAZINGLY jealous 😦

May I live vicariously through your happiness?

P.S. Entered you again 🙂

5. April 1, 2009 at 7:00 am #

I still have to try that ice cream you and everyone else is raving about!!

6. April 1, 2009 at 7:05 am #

Yep, I agree with K. Make sure you are not dropping your hips and creating a sway back when you do planks. And use your core ab muscles, really focus on whether or not they’re doing most of the work (as opposed to your back muscles). And spread your shoulder blades and shift some weight up toward them and away from your lower back.

And your dessert looks fab!

7. April 1, 2009 at 7:18 am #

helllooo heavn in a bowl! love that ice cream girl!!

8. April 1, 2009 at 7:49 am #

Coconut milk is the best! I def. need raspberries, they’ve been so expensive here lately. Yay for the Nucks!

9. April 1, 2009 at 7:52 am #

lol, hippe muffins, eh? doesn’t matter…it sounds uber-good to me!
    and wOW!
    coconut ice cream! I’ve never tried that before…is the coconut really pronounced?

10. April 1, 2009 at 7:59 am #

GREAT eats!

A co-worker and I were ohh-ing and ahh-ing over you Sienna pics this morning!

Glad your team is doing so well. Gotta keep the Canadians in the game!!! 😉