Two Years Ago Today

Two years ago today, at about this time in the morning actually, I was on my way to work, when someone ran a red light and hit my car. My car then spun, and hit a light post. I can probably say for sure, it was the most unpleasant day of my life.

Sable 003

My car was a write-off, and I spent the next 2 years in rehab for my injuries, dealing with the legal BS between insurance companies (hence why I got a lawyer), and not freaking out when driving when someone would approach and intersection too fast from the right side. I had alot of pain through my back, shoulders, neck. It made skating difficult at times. There was alot of frustration when I wasn’t able to do something because it hurt, all because someone wasn’t paying attention. All I was doing was driving through a green light, on my way to work.

Sable 007

Fortunately, there was no question of fault, and I did get really good care through my lawyer, and as of yesterday, we are finally going to look at settling the claim. It will be nice to finally move on and close this chapter before starting on a new one in September with school. I can’t say I’m completely injury free – I still get flare ups – but it’s not an “every day in pain” thing anymore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, let’s get back to the food, okay?

Last night was a late one. I think I got home around 11:30 or so. Dinner was good – I had plantain chips and coconut shrimp. The dipping sauce for the shrimp was an avocado mint yogurt sauce that was pretty much amazing. And plantain chips just brought me back to Ecuador – I knew I had to have them when I saw them on the menu. There was also a homemade birthday cake with some boiled icing on it. That stuff is marshmallowy goodness! It was a pretty good evening, but I’m so tired today!

Hence, breakfast was cereal.

Simple – Kashi GoLean Crunch and milk. With it’s best friend, Mango Peach Party.

And that my friends, is it for now. Off to work!

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Dinner, Restaurants

8 Comments on “Two Years Ago Today”

1. April 30, 2009 at 8:26 am #

How scary!! I am glad you are ok. Car accidents are so traumatizing. Have a beautiful Thursday.

2. April 30, 2009 at 8:29 am #

Oh my goodness! How scary! Glad you’re okay for the most part!! What an ordeal!

3. April 30, 2009 at 10:31 am #

It’s great that the claim is finally being settled and you’re able to move forward.

Did I read something about cake?!

4. April 30, 2009 at 10:43 am #

That accident must’ve been so frightening! 😦
    I hope the other person at least hasd the decency to beg for your forgiveness!

5. April 30, 2009 at 12:06 pm #

Oh my goodness, I am glad that finally things are settled. But oh boy, did that take long!

6. April 30, 2009 at 5:45 pm #

Oh my goodness…. So glad you’re OK now!

7. April 30, 2009 at 6:44 pm #

I’m SO glad the meeting with your lawyer turns out well!!! There are lots of incentive for the driver to settle. Certainly avoids TONS of legal costs. Plus if he/she loses then they may also be responsible for your legal costs.

Point is – it works out well for you! 🙂

8. May 2, 2009 at 11:34 am #

Wow. That car crash sounds super frustrating in all aspects. I’m so sorry you were hurt, but hurray for moving forward.