Hello…Is There Anybody Out There?

(channelling my inner Pink Floyd this morning – Comfortably Numb anyone?)

But seriously, I am curious. Is there anybody out there? If you are reading, I would love for you to come out and comment – let me know you are out there 🙂 Seems like lately, there have been fewer and fewer comments when I post. I miss reading them 😦 Have I bored everyone? Offended anyone? Am I just that uncool? Or is everyone just that busy now a days (I’ll be honest, I know I am). This isn’t because I’m trying to win some sort of popularity contest. It’s just an honest query. I would love to hear more from my readers – comments, criticisms, complaints, compliments…is there anything else that starts with C? I appreciate every one of you, because otherwise, it’s just me rambling on about food to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shall we go back to food now? I think so 🙂

I decided to embrace my inner 5 year old this morning, and had a big ol’ bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios.

With a glass of the Mango Peach Party, of course 🙂

Honey Nut Cheerios always take me back to childhood. I think because they were the most sugary cereal we were even allowed as kids. Do you have a cereal that takes you back?

Well, off to work! Enjoy your Wednesday – hopefully it’s a much nicer day where you are.

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

21 Comments on “Hello…Is There Anybody Out There?”

1. May 6, 2009 at 8:16 am #

i love your blog, and i LOVE HNC! one of my faves of all time.

2. May 6, 2009 at 8:28 am #

Hey Marianne,
    I think you are the coolest. I want you to know that I read every single one of your posts. There’s no way I can comment on all the posts I read… I tried to, but had to give up because there’re just too many posts/bloggers, and it takes too much time. But I love your blog (and you!) and always read 🙂

3. May 6, 2009 at 8:38 am #

hey the cereal I used to like is frosted flakes I KNOW SO GHETTO lololol my bf acutally I like them all! Right now I am really into the kashi sunrise cereal its like captain crunch but doesn’t hurt your gums at all!

4. May 6, 2009 at 8:45 am #

Marianne,

I am noticing the same thing about my comments. I know that I have been so busy.

I am nostalgic with Captain Crunch. I don’t even know if they have that kind anymore.

Sarah

5. May 6, 2009 at 8:53 am #

HA! My son had a meltdwon last night because he realized we were out of Honey Nut Cheerios!!! I’ve never been a big cereal gal, but I’d have to say Rice Crispies would take me back….snap, crackle, pop!

And for the record, I love your blog!!!

6. May 6, 2009 at 9:05 am #

I’m still here!! Usually because of the time difference I don’t catch your night posts but I hope you don’t mind that I make up for it in the morning 🙂

Honey nut cheerios definitely takes me back! As does cinnamon toast crunch and lucky charms!

7. May 6, 2009 at 9:26 am #

Kix or Lucky Charms!

I am definitely still here! I think because I’ve been reading more and more blogs lately it’s been hard to comment, but I promise I am reading in my google reader.

8. May 6, 2009 at 10:02 am #

I read everyday! Cocoa puffs take me back to childhood.

9. May 6, 2009 at 10:12 am #

I’m still reading! I don’t comment much but I read every day…

My childhood favourite cereal was cinnamon toast crunch which we only got as a special treat…runner-up would weetabix with sliced banana and honey 🙂

10. May 6, 2009 at 10:13 am #

Yep, HNC takes me back. So does kix, Ohs, and lucky charms. All cereals that my mom didn’t like us to eat.

I think people are slow to comment this week just cuz most these crazy bloggers are kids and still in school. Finals week.

11. May 6, 2009 at 10:53 am #

Aww girlie I know exactly where you’re coming from. Neglect the blogs for a day and everyone leaves you 😦

But not to worry, you’re on my good reader!

I’ll keep you entertained.

Enjoying that mango peach party?

-E

12. May 6, 2009 at 10:58 am #

I’ve been reading every single post!!! I’ve just been super busy, sorry girl!

13. May 6, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

I too, check in just about every day, but like the others, its hard to leave a comment on all the wonderful blogs out there – just too many good ones, and not enough time!

I don’t worry about comments as much as if the traffic that comes in stays about the same number, I know you have “visited” without leaving a comment.

I’ll chime in when I can!

14. May 6, 2009 at 4:12 pm #

You know I’m reading – multiple posts and all! 🙂

And my cereal would be Lucky Charms! 😛

15. May 6, 2009 at 4:50 pm #

im hereee! i have been soooo busyyy, sorry girl! im back though 🙂

16. marie
    May 6, 2009 at 5:10 pm #

Ummm. . . I love seeing pictures of your cute cat–there are some more C words!!

I love your blog. I discovered food blogs recently, and I am in looove with them! I am getting some great ideas for healthy meals and snacks (thanks AGAIN for the avocado-laughing cow smoosh idea), and I love knowing that I’m not alone in my quest to eat healthfully.

I don’t comment b/c I feel like I don’t have much to say, but I do appreciate the effort you put into publishing such a great blog. And I really do enjoy the pics of Sienna. >^..^<

And Golden Grahams take me waaay back.

17. Michelle in Alaska
    May 6, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

Hey there…I read your blog but have not commented before:) I would have to say the cereal that brings me back is kix, one of the cereals me & my sisters were allowed when I was with my mom. We never had fruit loops, fruity pebbles, etc. at her house. THEN, at my father’s house growing up we always had captain crunch, apple jacks, anything and everything neon colored!!! I guess it created a balance 🙂

18. broccolihut
    May 6, 2009 at 9:40 pm #

You’re not boring at all! I love reading your posts! In fact, I gave you an award today–check out my blog for details:)

19. May 6, 2009 at 10:51 pm #

Hi my dear! I definitely am still here. My answer is essentially the same as everyone else’s in terms of being busy and reading through Google Reader. I will pop in more often though!

20. Amisha
    May 7, 2009 at 12:51 pm #

Cinnamon Toast Crunch! So sugary and no I havent had it in like over a year now. (Can you tell my parents didnt understand that sugar is bad for you??)

21. May 7, 2009 at 7:34 pm #

i’m always reading your blog! my comment numbers have def gone down since i started but i try to think nothing of it…it just kinda happens i think. 🙂