But That’s Not My Job

I think I spent about 2, maybe 3 hours max at my own desk today? A coworker went home sick, and someone had to replace them, as they have to take alot of calls. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), I am one of the people trained to fill in, so I spent all morning, until almost 2 pm covering the phones. I seriously got NOTHING done today. Fortunately, it’s not too busy, so it’s not the end of the world.

I didn’t even get to eat my lunch until I got back to my desk, so I was past starving, and almost not hungry anymore. Do you get like that? If you don’t get to eat on time, that you almost loose your hunger? Or am I just odd? Could I ask anymore questions in this paragraph?

I took the rest of the tuna in sandwich form – with the usual dill pickles 🙂

Veggies & a wedge of Laughing Cow.

A sliced gala apple (ignore the blemish), ready for dipping!

What dip you may ask? The end of the jar of Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB. I’m sad it’s empty, but I think I know where I can get some more. It’s awesome with apples!

As you can see, there is another container in the picture. I had brought some edamummus as well for the veggies, but it’s still in my work fridge. Oops!

So, turns out my oats this morning were not aesthetically pleasing to everyone! I thought they looked pretty, with the jam swirls, but I guess that doesn’t appeal to everyone. I found it kinda funny actually, that some people thought they were a bit repulsive. Hey, at least they tasted good 😀

But now, I must get back to my hockey game, and start on making dinner. See you all later after we win the game 😉

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Lunch

12 Comments on “But That’s Not My Job”

1. May 7, 2009 at 5:43 pm #

Dill pickles and tuna are the best combo…it’s the only way I ever eat tuna sandwiches 🙂

2. May 7, 2009 at 5:58 pm #

I can’t stand pickles and tuna… but your food at least looks good!
    GO HAWKS!!! 😉 yes, i’m a brat

3. May 7, 2009 at 6:13 pm #

Tuna sandwiches rock.

4. May 7, 2009 at 6:46 pm #

Hmm, I need to try that pb sometime. Is there added sweetener in it like the other pb&co products?

Tuna+pickles=heaven.

5. May 7, 2009 at 7:27 pm #

i def get like that if i don’t eat after a long time…the hunger goes away for good!

6. May 7, 2009 at 8:24 pm #

When I get CRAZY hungry I get nauseous! And then my hunger goes as well. I think my tummy goes numb!

7. May 7, 2009 at 9:14 pm #

I thought your oats looked quite nice! 🙂
    I do get that way if I don’t eat. Especially if I workout. I’ll go to the gym feeling hungry then leave with no more hunger. It’s really weird!
    Where’s Sienna? 🙂

8. broccolihut
    May 7, 2009 at 9:37 pm #

I can def relate to that–when your hunger gets so intense…then it just disappears. The body is so strange sometimes.

9. May 7, 2009 at 10:05 pm #

Mmm that tuna sandwich looks so good! I have been craving tuna for days!

Oh, and I think your oats from this morning are droolworthy!

10. May 8, 2009 at 12:28 am #

i hate getting so hungry that i lose my appetite. it is totally normal, well at least for me. work gets in the way too often! but then i usually find my appetite again when the food is in front of me.

11. May 8, 2009 at 5:23 am #

No I lose my appetite eventually as well. Not fun!

I LOVED your oats this morning! Screw the haters!

12. May 8, 2009 at 5:30 am #

If I let myself get too hungry I usually end up with rally bad heartburn. Eek!

And covering phones sucks. Period. 😉