We’re Jammin’

A little Bob Marley to start your day? At least you don’t have to listen to me sing 😉

I actually just realized I don’t have any Bob Marley on my iTunes. That seems unacceptable. I should do something about that. But I digress. Breakfast, shall we?

It’s rainy, cold, and grey here still, so oatmeal seemed appropriate to start the day.

• 1/2 cup oats, water, unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 1 tbsp flax seed
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • raspberry jam
  • walnuts

My oats really were jammin’ this morning 😉

Jammin’ with their crew – Mango Peach Party 😎

Okay, I’m done with the jammin’. You can all stop groaning at my now.

So bloggies – tonight is Game 4 of the Canucks – Blackhawks series. Obviously, this requires some good game day eats for dinner. My question to you is – what is your favourite game day food? It can be for your game of choice: hockey, football, basketball, whatever. Although really, I think hockey is THE only game of choice 😉 I’m looking for some dinner ideas! Help a girl out!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, questions

14 Comments on “We’re Jammin’”

1. May 7, 2009 at 8:10 am #

Great oats!

I’m not really a game girl, but a sub sounds good!

2. May 7, 2009 at 8:17 am #

We aren’t into sports but I would say subs too!!

3. May 7, 2009 at 8:30 am #

Game day food? Hmm….that’s a toughie because I typically just eat my usuals but I do remember tailgating for football there was always pigs in a blanket, chips/dip, hot dogs/hamburgers, etc. Echoing the two comments above, subs always work too! Or pizza!

4. May 7, 2009 at 8:32 am #

I enjoy sunflower seeds as opposed to peanuts. And of course the pizza (homemade versions).

5. May 7, 2009 at 8:36 am #

I’m jammin today. My friends are in a new reggae band, and I’m obsessed with it.

Snack foods for games? Instead of chips and dips, I go for pita chips and hummus. Or I make my own pita chips so they’re healthier.

6. May 7, 2009 at 8:50 am #

Mmmm pb&j oats are always amazingg!!

I’d definitely go for either a nice sandwich or even a hot dog/sausage type dinner 🙂

7. May 7, 2009 at 9:04 am #

I wan tot try that turkey!

8. May 7, 2009 at 9:12 am #

Football food is awesome. I prefer a bunch of appetizers & beer. Tortillas & salsa, cheese & crackers, Fritos & ranch dip. Those kinds of things.

Ack, it looks like blood in your oats today!

9. May 7, 2009 at 10:42 am #

I want some oatmeal now…

10. May 7, 2009 at 11:31 am #

Just discovered your blog and we are almost neighbors. Lot’s of great posts and recipes. I’ll be following you.

11. May 7, 2009 at 4:18 pm #

Hehehe Bob’s the man!

Love him!
    (and your gorgeous bowl of oats)

-E

12. Em
    May 7, 2009 at 4:43 pm #

I love oatmeal, but that has to be the nastiest looking bowl of oatmeal I’ve ever seen! Sorry. 🙂

13. May 7, 2009 at 4:57 pm #

pretty oats!- it was rainy here too today which made me opt for oats (just like everyday haha) as well. but yours are prettier i must admit;)

hmm i’m not a big “game” watcher so i guess i don’t have a game food… i used to like brownies made from the box mix though and pizza but i havent indulged in that stuff in a while
    have a great night

14. May 7, 2009 at 7:29 pm #

hahah…so funny people thought your oats looked gross! i love em! nice and bloody looking! hhehe