Pucker Up

…for one sour bowl of oats! I love me some sour πŸ˜‰

Although I originally had plans to make my oats with banana, I was rummaging through the fridge, and saw the lemon curd. Lemon & banana? Meh, not my thing. So I went to the freezer, and saw the last of a bag of frozen cranberries, and knew breakfast was born!

• 1/2 cup oats, water, unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2(?) cup frozen cranberries
  • 1 tbsp flax seed
  • coconut butter
  • shredded coconut
  • brown sugar
  • lemon curd
  • splash more of almond milk

Hopefully I made a prettier bowl of oats this morning πŸ˜‰

You know him & love him, breakfast’s best friend – Happy Planet Mango Peach Party.

I may not like bitter flavours, but give me sour any day! Especially when paired with a little hint of sweetness from the brown sugar/lemon curd πŸ™‚ I’m only sad that I’m out of cranberries now.

A couple days ago, the wonderful Caroline from The Broccoli Hut presented me with this award.

untitled

The Renee Award is one of the most meaningful awards in blog world because it honors someone who is incredibly inspirational in her intelligent and witty writing. And by doing so, this award celebrates women’s smart, strong and inspirational spirit! It honors women who spread joy and love like an Acorn……a small package growing into a tall and sturdy oak tree which gives more acorns…………..

I was really touched that she thought I met all those criteria πŸ™‚ Thanks so much Caroline!

I would like to pass the award along to a few fellow bloggers: Krista, Katie, and Karen (All K’s – I totally didn’t do that on purpose!)

Now I’m off to take on Friday!

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Award, Breakfast

10 Comments on “Pucker Up”

1. May 8, 2009 at 8:14 am #

Oh yaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!!!! You made my Friday morning! I’ll be sure to blog about this one tonight!

Thank-you!!!! πŸ˜€

2. May 8, 2009 at 8:41 am #

Thanks for the great award!!! Put a smile on my face, you did. πŸ™‚

Who didn’t like your oats yesterday???? They always look yummy! πŸ˜‰

3. May 8, 2009 at 9:27 am #

Sour like a warhead!

Those things were amazing as a kid, though I can’t say I’d pop one of those babies in my mouth anymore.

Sour oats’ll do the trick just as well!

-E

4. plentifulplants
    May 8, 2009 at 10:13 am #

My mouth is puckering just looking at those oats!

And I thought the jam tooked pretty too….

5. May 8, 2009 at 10:27 am #

What a coinky-dink! I had cranberries this morning as well πŸ™‚

Congrats on your award πŸ™‚

6. May 8, 2009 at 10:42 am #

Mmm, I want those oats! You come up with some of the best combinations!!!

7. May 8, 2009 at 11:48 am #

i totally need to get my hands on some lemon curd. i don’t think i’ve really ever had any before…must find and try! esp w/ CRANBERRIES!

8. May 8, 2009 at 1:43 pm #

You just reminded me of my love for lemon curd. Even though I hate the word curd.

9. May 8, 2009 at 3:51 pm #

Have I told you already that you are the sweetest girl ever?! Seriously, I wish we were sisters! Then we could sit around all day and watch hockey and eat peanut butter and oatmeal and chocolate πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

10. May 8, 2009 at 7:30 pm #