Hanging Up My Helmet

At least for a few days – my arse needs a rest from all this biking! I think that’s the hardest part. Or it just means I need a fancy bike seat that doesn’t hurt my behind.

So yes, Bike To Work Week has come to a close. We won’t know until next week if we beat the other business that we had a challenge with, but I guess that’s not really the point of the whole biking to work thing. I do quite enjoy it, as long as the weather is good. That being said, I’m declaring this long weekend a bike free weekend! Well, at least for Saturday & Sunday.

Who wants to see my lunch? No? Too bad, you are getting it 😉

Good ol’ ham & cheese showed up on a whole wheat kaiser with mustard.

The usual crew came along for the ride as well – carrot & cucumber.

Some sweet & juicy strawberries made it feel almost like summer 🙂

Plus a little rice cracker/nut mix to munch on throughout the day. I wish it had more of the wasabi bites!

Class photo.

I’ve declared this evening a take-out evening. I blame it on biking to work – on my route, there are two Chinese restaurants that I have to bike past, and on the way home, the smell is just too enticing! So I think I may have to break down and order some dishes. While I figure out what to order for dinner, I need you to help me out on something:

I’m going to a BBQ tomorrow, and offered to bake something. The host’s request was “bake something with cinnamon”. So I ask you – What is your favourite cinnamon baked good? I’m looking for some ideas (other than cinnamon buns – sorry!)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Lunch, questions

12 Comments on “Hanging Up My Helmet”

1. May 15, 2009 at 5:53 pm #

I love apple crisp with cinnamon, not sure if that counts though!

2. Jen
    May 15, 2009 at 5:56 pm #

Snickerdoodle cookies are an easy item to make for a good number of folks! Yum! Though I could never say no to ANY baked item with cinnamon in it. 😉

3. May 15, 2009 at 5:59 pm #

Polvorones de canele (sp?) are these amazing Mexican cinnamon cookies!

4. May 15, 2009 at 6:36 pm #

cinnamon? Um, I stick it in everything! but snickerdoodles and cinnamon raisin bread always always rocks!

5. marie
    May 15, 2009 at 7:07 pm #

GET A GEL SEAT!!! Seriously, I couldn’t make it through Spinning or regular rides w/o one.

And I second the snickerdoodle suggestion.

6. May 15, 2009 at 7:32 pm #

I love cinnamon in everything, but I have to say that snickerdoodles sound delicious!

7. May 15, 2009 at 8:16 pm #

SNICKERDOODLES!!! I recommend this recipe:

I have the same problem with biking. My butt gets so sore that I quit after a couple days!

8. broccolihut
    May 15, 2009 at 9:00 pm #

Can’t go wrong with good ol’ oatmeal raisin cookies!

9. May 15, 2009 at 11:29 pm #

peach cobbler, for sure!! with lots of cinnamon and fresh whipped cream!

10. May 16, 2009 at 7:27 am #

SNICKERDOODLES!!!! For sure, snickerdoodles! Either that or some sort of coffee cake! You know I love my cinnamon!

11. May 16, 2009 at 10:22 am #

I’m probably too late to help out with a cinnamon suggestion! Can’t wait to see what you came up with, though…

12. May 18, 2009 at 5:11 am #

hurray for biking to work!! good for you!

from my experience, a good pair of padded cycling shorts will be infinitely better for you than a padded bike seat, which tend to not really do that much (they are usually too squishy).