Opa!

Today sure was warm out – I’m pretty sure it topped 20 degrees Celsius. I definitely was on a vitamin D producing expedition on my walk downtown.I did a little shopping, scored some unexpected deals (one thing rang through at less than half the price, and there was no sale sign anywhere). And as I was walking past the little Mediterranean deli/cafe near my house, I noticed a sign on the window… “Greek Yogurt Parfaits”. Wait, what? Did I read that right? Greek yogurt? In Victoria? You better believe I made a beeline in there!

Look what I got!

That’s right! Greek yogurt in the house 😎 I’m pretty sure it’s full fat, but I didn’t care. Want to know what it costs? $1.95 per 100g (that’s around 3 1/2 ounces). That little container was almost $6!

And because I was in there, I picked up a few more treats 😀 Dolmathes.

And awesome deli made hummus. This stuff smells A-Mazing!

Obviously, my lunch was going to be something with the Greek Yogurt. I made myself a parfait.

My parfait included strawberries, honey, and walnuts. And I must say, it looks much better than the ones they were selling at the deli for $3.95.

I sat outside and ate my parfait, plus a couple of dolomathes sitting on my steps while my monkey cat did a little outdoor exploring. Like checking out under the porch stairs.

sienna 3270

All that exploring made Sienna tired. Time to relax on the patio.

sienna 3272

I’m trying to get Sienna a little more used to going outdoors. She wants to go outside, but she freaks out at any noise, and bolts back in the house. When we move back to my parents’ place, chances are they’ll let her outside with the other cats, so we have to get her “street smart”.

Eventually I ended up at my friend’s place for dinner. I brought over leftover Chinese food from Friday night, and he had some birthday cakes from his birthday this week that we shared for dessert. No pictures, but if you want to see the Chinese take out, check back here.

Even though I have no work tomorrow (long weekend!), I should probably think about hitting the sack. I have plans for a 10 am bike ride (my poor ass) with some friends, so I actually have to wake up in the morning. Nighty night!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Lunch, Sienna

14 Comments on “Opa!”

1. May 17, 2009 at 11:13 pm #

I am OH SO jealous of that Greek Yogurt! I think I’m going to have to give in and use a cheese cloth to make my own! lol

Okay now I’m really going to sleep! 🙂

2. Jen
    May 17, 2009 at 11:48 pm #

Wowww, that’s pretty neat for a Greek deli to sell Greek yogurt by the tub. Or at least, it’s something I’ve never seen before! Have a great bike ride tomorrow; it’ll be a blast since friends are coming along, for sure!

3. May 18, 2009 at 3:25 am #

What a gorgeous parfait! Yum!

4. May 18, 2009 at 4:56 am #

that is a freak’n beautiful parfait! and of course so is your kitty..:)

5. May 18, 2009 at 5:15 am #

Look at all that Greek-loving! I must admit I am an expert at making dolmeh! It is one of my food weaknesses b/c I used to be able to eat a whole pot after I cooked. It’s one of the things my grandmother taught me to make when I visited her in Iran.

6. shelby
    May 18, 2009 at 5:25 am #

That parfait, hummus, dolmathes…all look spectacular!

7. May 18, 2009 at 5:52 am #

Yay for Greek yogurt. Sorry it was so expensive though. I am sure people have suggested this to you, but have you tried making your own “mock” greek yogurt?

8. May 18, 2009 at 7:08 am #

I’m jealous of your yogurt!!!

9. May 18, 2009 at 7:10 am #

Yum that parfait looks incredible!
    Your kitty is so cute 😀

10. May 18, 2009 at 7:34 am #

All of this Greek food looks amazing!! I could definitely go for some Greek yogurt parfait right now. Man oh man, what a wonderful spring/summer treat. And Sienna is just too cute! Sorry that I’ve been an absent commenter; I just finished up my law school exams and am finally getting around to my google reader.

11. May 18, 2009 at 7:37 am #

Greek yogurt rocks! They sell some at Costco here but it has the fruit on the side and I’m not too fond of that stuff.

Sienna sounds like my oldest cat. He ventures out and fly’s back into the house at the first noise he hears. Wimp!

Enjoy your bike ride!

12. May 18, 2009 at 8:34 am #

Sienna is so adorable. Makes me want to have a pet pet. 😛

13. May 18, 2009 at 8:54 am #

I love seeing pictures of your kitties!! and hurray for Greek goodies!! greek food is SO AMAZING.

You food is always SO beautiful. And the parfait is just as eye-pleasing!

14. May 18, 2009 at 9:26 am #

So jealous you find Greek Yogurt! Love dolmathes too. Gorgeous Sienna photos!