Rockin’ The New Hair Do

It is so nice to finally have my hair cut. It was looking like ass, but now it’s all purdy and cute again 😀 I actually look presentable! I know, you all want pictures…

Let’s start with the way my hair looked this morning when I went to work (excuse the lack of make up – I swear, I really do have eyelashes & eyebrows!).

me 050

me 060

As you can see, there is just too much hair. And you should be able to tell from the straight hair on top and curly on the bottom, that I wear it in a ponytail 24/7. Why? Because you can’t do anything with hair that long and that damaged at the roots – it doesn’t behave.

Off to work I went with my rat’s nest. It was another busy day, but at least I brought a good lunch.

Chicken sammy – chicken, buttah, salt & pepper, on Irene’s Bakery Multigrain bread. To me, this is the ultimate, simple chicken sandwich. Brings me back. Mmmm.

The veggies – carrot & cucumber.

A lovely gala apple (you lucked out, I was THIS CLOSE to taking the honeydew/strawberry combo again).

Hummus for the veggies, Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl for the apple.

And a Cherry Pie Larabar to munch on while at the salon so I wouldn’t try and eat my arm. I actually only had half.

I think I had a little garlic overload with lunch, between the hummus and the seasoning on my chicken – I had a little upset tummy at work after eating lunch. Oh garlic, why you gotta be like that? You taste so good, but sometimes you hurt so bad.

Then it was off to the salon. I love my salon – it’s called Fish. Can you guess why I picked it? HA! But it’s a great, funky place. They always serve you tea from Silk Road (yum) – iced in the summer, hot in the winter. My stylist, Jenna, its awesome too. I was pretty much giving her free reign today with the cut. I thought she might want to go short, but turns out, she likes the length and how it frames my face. I dunno, I think I used to work the short hair pretty well.

me2

(Awwwwwww…I was 2. Also proves the curl is natural. I just really like this picture, and needed an excuse to post it 😉 )

So what happened? Let’s check it out!

me 075

me 101

Yay! I also love how you can’t see my plethora of grey hairs in the photos 😉 It’s amazing how much it curls up when you take just a few inches off in length.

I don’t even want to talk about how many photos I took before I finally got all of my head in the picture. And don’t mind the lack of smile – if I try and do that AND take a self portrait, well, it’s all bad.

So after I had the new hair, I was off to find dinner. I went to Pita Pit, all excited to get a tasty pita. Jerks only take cash. I never have cash on me! I was not about to walk all the way back to my bank just to get a freakin’ pita, so I went home. I dropped my work stuff off, and headed out again, finally settling on another chicken sandwich from the Safeway deli. Then I went over to my friend’s place and we Rock(band)ed the night away! Well, until 10:30 anyways – it is a school night after all.

So that, my friends, is my Thursday. I’m now going to sip my tea and finish watching the news. Then it’s sleepy time. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Pictures

22 Comments on “Rockin’ The New Hair Do”

1. May 22, 2009 at 2:35 am #

gorgeous!!!!

that reminds me, i really need to get my hair cut. i just don’t seem to have time.

2. May 22, 2009 at 3:55 am #

I love your new haircut!!!

Your curls are stunning..I’m so jealous 😉

3. May 22, 2009 at 4:13 am #

The haircut looks awesome!! You look great 🙂

4. May 22, 2009 at 4:56 am #

How do you get your hair so perfect like that with the curls? Gorgeous!

5. May 22, 2009 at 5:27 am #

Curly hair ROCKS!! When I was young I hated my curly hair, but I’ve come to terms with it and now I realize just how lucky we are to have curly hair. It’s unique and we never have to complain about having flat hair! Your baby picture is so adorable. I hope my kids have curly hair because I LOVE little kids with curls, I think they are precious.

6. May 22, 2009 at 6:00 am #

I love the before and after shots!! Especially how you did the back view. 😉 The baby pic of you is too adorable!

Great sandwich you had there, but I’m sorry to hear that your tummy didn’t agree!

7. May 22, 2009 at 6:19 am #

I think your hair is gorgeous! I especially love the color! 🙂

Sweet baby pic too!

8. May 22, 2009 at 6:21 am #

Love, love, LOVE the new ‘do! Your hair is gorgeous!!

9. May 22, 2009 at 7:37 am #

I love your new haircut! And you have beautiful hair 😀 It’s such a pretty color, and you have gorgeous curls.

10. May 22, 2009 at 8:37 am #

Super cute outcome!! And I didn’t even think the before was all that bad! 😉

11. May 22, 2009 at 8:51 am #

Your hair looks great!!! Such gorgeous curl!! Good job Fish Salon! Oh, and I love pita pit. I used to eat it all the time in undergrad, but I don’t have one quite as close to me these days 😦

12. May 22, 2009 at 8:54 am #

Holy gorgeous curls! I have crazy envy for your hair, naturally curly AND beautifully red! Two things I will never have 🙂 Great packed lunch too!

13. May 22, 2009 at 11:08 am #

I am so jealous – your hair is absolutely gorgeous. You should be a hair model!

14. May 22, 2009 at 11:54 am #

YAY! A FACE AND HEAD OF HAIR TO THE NAME! Wow, your hair is absolutley gorgeous – love the color and cascading curls! Ooh so pretty!
    And of course, I love your face!

15. May 22, 2009 at 12:57 pm #

oh my goodness. THOSE CURLS. i want.

16. May 22, 2009 at 3:07 pm #

awww thank you so much for sharing pictures of you!!!!! I finally get to meet Marianne and her hair. JEESH i love your curls. I TOTALLY wrecked my hair 2 years ago when I permed it and treated my stick-straight hair with stupid ass chemicals just to make it look like yours. *sigh* Now i’ll have to live with what god gave me. hehehehehe

17. May 22, 2009 at 4:32 pm #

came over here from the Blog Stalker! nice hair cut!
    your hair is beautiful!!!!

18. May 22, 2009 at 5:20 pm #

How cute is your hair?!! Awesome and totally jealous of the curls. 😀

19. May 22, 2009 at 7:38 pm #

yay for pictures!!! we don’t get to see your beautiful face often enough for my liking!!!

and you’re hair is GORGEOUS!!! your curls are so beautiful and the color is so rich!! I finally got my hair cut on Monday…and it had been an embarrassing uhh 4 months? maybe longer. beyond needed. And it feels so fabulous now!!!

20. May 22, 2009 at 9:14 pm #

I love your haircut! Jealous of those curly locks! Mine is straight as a board – even tried perms and they lasted a few days!

21. May 23, 2009 at 6:48 pm #

Hon, you have THE most beauts hair!

22. May 24, 2009 at 12:12 pm #

The shorter hair looks amazing!!!! So healthy and bouncy! I am also a ponytail girl myself and always wish I could do something more with my hair.