Sunny Saturday

It is yet another sunny day here, and I still haven’t gotten out of the house yet! I’m so slow at getting going on Saturdays, it’s horrible. Let’s make this short, because I need to get to the store for my weekly grocery shop.

Seems like the weekend is the only time I have to make oatmeal these days, so that’s what I made.

• 1/2 cup oats, milk, water
  • 1 banana, thinly sliced
  • splash of vanilla
  • 1 tbsp flax seed
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • chocolate chips.

With the usual – do I even need to say it?

Pretty basic combo, but it tastes good. I haven’t been into the big, complex, multitude of flavours breakfasts lately. But ya know, sometimes simple is best 🙂

Off to get groceries! 😎

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

8 Comments on “Sunny Saturday”

1. May 23, 2009 at 1:31 pm #

Looks like the *perfect* oatmeal combo! Hope you enjoy the great weather today.

2. May 23, 2009 at 1:49 pm #

Simple? More like fantastic! That could convert me to the oat side 😉

3. May 23, 2009 at 2:36 pm #

Simple oatmeal is sooo the BEST! ANd I’m super jealous of your sun. Send some my way?? Thanks 🙂

4. May 23, 2009 at 3:10 pm #

that’s def what i need to try next…adding the chocolate chips with the pb in my oats w/ banana…ahhhhhhhhh.

5. May 23, 2009 at 4:24 pm #

I would die without oatmeal everyday! I’m so glad you got to enjoy a bowl =)

6. May 23, 2009 at 5:58 pm #

That combo looks great! I love the chocolate chips.

7. May 24, 2009 at 5:56 am #

Peanut butter, chocolate, and banana, with vanilla and oats?! Sounds like a great breakfast, and an even better cookie!! Ideas…. 🙂

8. May 24, 2009 at 7:21 am #

ahh, it’s been waaay too long since I’ve had chocolate chips in my oatmeal. sooo jealous!!