Sunday Brunch At Home

Let’s face it, I never go out for breakfast/brunch. I’m not into alot of the breakfast foods served at restaurants – lots of eggs, which aren’t my thing. And I can’t say I’ve ever had a great bowl of oatmeal at a restaurant before. At least, nothing up to my own standards anyways 😉

When I saw Lucky Taste Bud’s recipe for a baked French Toast, I knew I needed to try that out this weekend. I picked up some great bread from Cascadia BakeryHoney Wheat Berry Bread – just to make it. I basically followed the recipe, but added some raisins and craisins, as well as 1/2 cup applesauce to the mix. And I probably added about 1/2 cup more milk (vanilla almond milk) to get all the bread soaking. I didn’t have a good loaf pan to bake it in, so I used a deep dish pie plate 🙂

It looks like a fruit crumble!

I ended up cutting this into 6 wedges, so now I have breakfast to go for the week 🙂 I drizzled my slice this morning with maple syrup.

I had it with a few slices of crispy bacon and ketchup (gotta have bacon with ketchup).

And some chunks of cantaloupe – this one was super ripe & juicy.

All served up with my favourite morning beverage – mango peach party (which, is missing from the picture – oops!)

What a great brunch – very restaurant worthy, I think 🙂 And I have all sorts of leftovers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now let’s get caught up on yesterday, shall we?

I ended up barely being at home at all yesterday! It was a bit of a crazy day. I hit up the grocery stores, talked to my mom on the phone, walked downtown to run some errands, then ended up at a BBQ with friends, which, as usual, ended in alot of Rockband 🙂 I do have pictures of my lunch though – it was pretty awesome.

I finally had some Flatout Wraps in the house again, so I knew I was going to grill myself a fancy wrap. I used some leftover cooked chicken, avocado/Laughing Cow smash, and some mozzarella. How ooey gooey good does that look?!

I served that with a side of strawberries and mango.

Dinner was good too – I brought over a small piece of fresh spring salmon, some creole dijon potato salad from the deli, and the usual bottle of white wine. My friend had also done up a green salad, so I had half my salmon & potatoes with some green salad, and brought the leftovers home. There were more fresh strawberries for dessert 🙂

Well, I guess that gets us all up to date. I’m going to get some laundry on, hit up the gym, then come back here to clean the house and read, read, read those blogs I am so behind on! When did life get so crazy?! Later!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch

10 Comments on “Sunday Brunch At Home”

1. noodlegirl74
    May 24, 2009 at 1:44 pm #

wow everything looks so good!

2. May 24, 2009 at 2:02 pm #

That french toast looks WAY better than restaurant eats! As does that ooey gooey wrap 🙂

Hope you have a relaxing Sunday!!

3. May 24, 2009 at 2:05 pm #

That wrap looks yummers! 🙂

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!!!

4. May 24, 2009 at 2:10 pm #

Simply delightful. Totally love the mangoes! =D

5. May 24, 2009 at 2:32 pm #

too much good food, M!

lovin the melty cheese wrap..with AVOCADO ! ughh delissssh and LTB’s french toast looks amazzzzzing! i actually hate eating breakfast out! It never is as good as home!

6. May 24, 2009 at 2:44 pm #

ahhhh you made it you made it…you made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I came straight to your post and showed it to the boyfriend. He was impressed at your FT 😛 I hope you loved it as much as we did and yours turned out delicious!!! You really can’t go wrong with restaurant style brunch! I love how you made it a complete meal with bacon and fruit too!!

Anyway, YAY!!!! I’m too excited. 😛 have a fabulous rest of sunday Marianne!

7. May 24, 2009 at 3:40 pm #

BAKED french toast? Now there’s a good way to eat french toast, I’ll HAVE to give that one a try one of these days. It looks like french toast pie. Coolest thing ever.

Your lunch is also to die for. I’m all for the cheese goo.

8. May 24, 2009 at 4:21 pm #

Your pictures look seriously fabulous today!! The brunch? AMAZING!

9. May 24, 2009 at 7:49 pm #

I never go out for breakfast or brunch, either! I’m quite fond of my breakfasts 😉
    That baked french toast looks delicious! I’d totally be willing to go without my oatmeal/greek yogurt breakfasts in favor of that 😀 I bookmarked this to try soon!

That lunch also looks so yummy. I love how cheesy it is. Have a great night!

10. May 25, 2009 at 5:48 am #

Your breakfast looks incredible and lunch is running a close second!!!