Cookie Monster

As much as I love to cook a great meal from scratch, some nights is nice to know that you have leftovers waiting for you in the fridge, so you don’t have to do any thinking, just reheating. Tonight was one of those nights – open a few tupperware containers, throw food in a bowl, in the microwave for a few minutes, and dinner is served!

I decided to heat up the rest of the Tempeh Gravy (tempeh, mushrooms, onions, garlic, soy sauce, etc) from Sunday night, over more basmati rice and steamed broccoli.

You know, I think I enjoyed the tempeh more this time around. Perhaps because the whole lot had more time to meld flavours. It made me think that tempeh would be really good in a sweet & sour kind of sauce, with pineapple and peppers. Hmmm. I still have another half the block in the fridge…possibilities!

I hit up the gym this evening, talked on the phone with the family, somehow got roped into baking cupcakes for my sister’s birthday in June (okay, I’m not really complaining on that one – I like any excuse to bake), did dishes, and watched Canada’s Next Top Model. Then it was snacky time!

Apparently my coworkers have been on a cookie kick this week. One of them brought in coconut macaroons, and hello, like I’m going to say no?! So again, I brought it home, and snapped a photo in the sunshine while it was still around 😀

I had this with a mug of hot chocolate. Not just any hot chocolate – this stuff I picked up in Ecuador last June. It’s not like the instant stuff you get in the stores here. Much more of a true chocolate taste. It’s awesome!

Time to watch the news (I watch alot of news it seems – I remember thinking it was so boring as a kid), then head to bed. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dessert, Dinner

12 Comments on “Cookie Monster”

1. May 26, 2009 at 11:35 pm #

that hot chocolate looks so rich & delish!

2. May 27, 2009 at 1:13 am #

I’m a huge fan of leftovers! I always make more just so that I can make sure we have something for the next night. It’s a huge time saver!

3. May 27, 2009 at 5:12 am #

Thanks for the tempeh gravy idea, it looks so good and I’ve been trying to find something to add to my tempeh so it doesn’t taste like poo! I’ll give it a try 🙂

4. May 27, 2009 at 7:40 am #

leftovers are the best! i love your meal! and that macaroon looks mighty tasty! your pics are gorge as usual: )

5. May 27, 2009 at 7:42 am #

That dinner looks great! I love it when leftovers taste better the next day. That hot chocolate looks delicious!

6. May 27, 2009 at 8:00 am #

Tempeh is very good with the sweet sour combo!

Love macaroons…coconut or otherwise! That hot chocolate looks mucho rich and delish….

7. May 27, 2009 at 8:02 am #

I love leftovers, my hubby, not so much. I have leftover pork from Monday and now need to figure out how to recycle it into another meal – maybe pork bbq?

Any ideas?

8. May 27, 2009 at 8:58 am #

Sweet and sour tempeh? I could probably handle that! I got your email about not fearing the tempeh so one of these days!!

I’m a news junkie too. It’s basically all I watch until the evening!

9. May 27, 2009 at 12:30 pm #

dude, that tempeh looks like heaven. i can never make sauces look as good as that…mine are always so thin and boring. gah!

and if i were at home i’d be watching the news too…and reading the paper. but no tv here in the boondocks.

10. May 27, 2009 at 12:31 pm #

Tempeh rules. Leftovers rule even more, especially if they involve tempeh.

I love any excuse to bake too. As long as I’m not stuck with all of the final product!

And that hot chocolate… whoa does it ever look amazing. I’ve never seen with my own eyes such gorgeous liquid amazing.

11. May 27, 2009 at 1:18 pm #

Your reference to Ecuadorian chocolate caught my eye, and your blog too! I live in and work in the chocolate business in Ecuador-yum!

12. May 27, 2009 at 4:11 pm #

Hot chocolate and cookies?! That makes a great day in my book. 😀