I Like Weekends

Especially when I know I have lots of time to do what I want, like this weekend! I have no where I need to be until 5:30 pm on Sunday, and I am so looking forward to having a low key weekend. Lots of time for sleeping in πŸ˜‰

There’s also lots of time to play around in the kitchen, which means I get to take the time to cook up some kamut flakes for breakfast πŸ™‚

• 1/2 cup kamut flakes, unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 3/4 cup water (approx?)
  • 1 banana, thinly sliced
  • 1 tbsp chunky peanut butter
  • 1 tbsp flax seeds
  • sprinkle of brown sugar

I also toasted up a small slice of Cascadia Bakery Honey Wheat Berry Bread, and spread it with a little guayaba jam.

With the usual – Happy Planet Mango Peach Party.

What a great way to start off the weekend!

Well, time to get in the usual Saturday grocery shopping – I’m planning on playing in the kitchen today! Lots of things to cook & bake. Stay tuned πŸ™‚

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

9 Comments on “I Like Weekends”

1. Nicole
    May 30, 2009 at 11:37 am #

mmm that bread looks so tasty. i can’t wait to see what you whip up in the kitchen πŸ˜€

2. May 30, 2009 at 11:56 am #

what on earth is guyaba jam?! sounds delish! never tried kamut flakes either!

3. May 30, 2009 at 12:29 pm #

grocery shopping is so fun now! i remember when i was a kid and I hated going grocery shopping with my mom!! now i always ask to come!

4. May 30, 2009 at 1:04 pm #

I love weekends, too!! Low key weekends are the best. And it looks like you had a great breakfast to start off the weekend.

5. May 30, 2009 at 1:19 pm #

I need to find kamut flakes! I love that grain. I’m actually eating kamut puffs right now!

6. May 30, 2009 at 2:57 pm #

l love “play in kitchen” days. They are so fun and relaxing! Enjoy.

7. May 30, 2009 at 2:59 pm #

How do you even pronounce guayaba?! Very interesting!! Gotta love low key weekends – I live for them πŸ™‚

8. May 30, 2009 at 5:17 pm #

Your breakfast looks so good! And wow, what does guayaba jam taste like? Low key weekends are fun πŸ™‚ Have a good one!

9. May 30, 2009 at 5:39 pm #