If Only I Had A BBQ

I tossed around a few dinner ideas this evening – some involved ordering take out, others a short walk to the grocery store. I knew I wanted something appropriate for the hot, sunny weather. Then it hit me – hot dogs!

I trekked up to the grocery store, and picked up turkey hot dogs, the freshest, fluffiest white hot dog buns, and some dill pickle relish and wandered back home. Alas, I don’t have a BBQ, so I had to settle on using my Foreman grill, but at least I still got some grill marks on there 😀

As you can see, I topped my dogs with ketchup, mustard, dill pickle relish, and diced onions. Classic! I also grabbed some French Onion Sun Chips to go with the meal.

Oh, I’m aware how devoid of veggies it is, but ya know, I’m okay with it. Sometimes, you just want to go nostalgic and have your two hot dog meal with some chips. Or maybe that’s just me. And although I don’t eat alot of white bread, these buns were so fresh, it just made the whole meal. I was pretty stuffed afterwards though – I don’t think I’ve eaten that much white bread in one meal in a long time. But hey, it’s past midnight, and I still have no desire for a snack, so it all balances out 🙂

I went for a walk while the sun was setting along the water. It was so nice out, just a bit of breeze, no need for a sweater. When I got back, I did some ab work on the mat, then cleaned up the kitchen and kicked it with Dr Mario.

Although I would sort of like to head to bed now, they are having a party upstairs, so I figure there really is no point in lying there trying to sleep while the music is still going. I think I’ll go make some tea and read. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner

9 Comments on “If Only I Had A BBQ”

1. May 30, 2009 at 4:00 am #

I don’t have a BBQ either- I’m always calling friends and bumming use of their grills! hot dogs are sooo good sometimes though, right? summer foood!!!!

2. May 30, 2009 at 5:23 am #

I live in the smallest apartment in the world, with no grill 😦 But that’s what parents are for! I live five minutes away from my parents and I like to ask them to get the grill out, they usually agree because it means a visit from me! haha

3. May 30, 2009 at 6:10 am #

OMG….GREAT hot dogs! There is nothing better than a grilled up dog as far as I’m concerned!!!

4. May 30, 2009 at 6:49 am #

I wish I had an outdoor grill! That’d be so fun, but my dad is convinced they give you cancer 😦

The hot dogs look awesome. I hope that party quieted down and you were able to get some sleep!

5. May 30, 2009 at 6:50 am #

Relish and onions are veggies?! Glad you’re not a bread racist either – sometimes white bread just hits the spot!!

6. May 30, 2009 at 6:54 am #

i am most definitely buying hot dogs for this week. Might make for a boring blog post, but heck, i dont care!

7. May 30, 2009 at 8:06 am #

Nothing wrong with a good hot dog! Hebrew National is my favorite brand – so good!

8. May 30, 2009 at 8:13 am #

Devoid of veggies? I see some onion and relish on there. 🙂 I have to admit I am a sucker for hotdogs. We actually had some last week and I enjoyed every single bite.

9. May 30, 2009 at 10:23 am #

omg the dogs look so good! How funny I thought about having that last night but I had mexican instead. Take out of course I am not that good at cooking lol