Look What I Found!

I was at the produce market, and in the middle of the store there was a pile of these gems, just waiting for me to pick them up ๐Ÿ™‚

First of the season lychees! Yum! I love these things, and you donโ€™t see them in stores that often unless you head to the Asian markets. They were a bit on the pricey side, so I only got a dozen, but Iโ€™m excited.

I also picked up the cutest butternut squash. I really should have put something else in the picture to give it some scale, but itโ€™s perfect for one.

After all that shopping, I hit up the gym. I was one sweaty beast after some stair climber & incline treadmill time! And stupid me, I forgot my towel at home. Can we say gross? I know you are all glad I shared that ๐Ÿ˜‰

Obviously I was on the hungry side when I got home, so I pulled some containers out of the fridge and put together a nutritious and delicious lunch.

Leftover tempeh & mushroom gravy over steamed broccoli and brown basmati rice.

Yogurt with pineapple and Kingslake & Crane Mahalo Mix Granola.

Lunch is served.

I sat outside and ate my lunch while Sienna stood in the doorway, too afraid to come outside. The people who live upstairs were out on their back deck, and she could hear them talking, so she didnโ€™t want to come out. But she was making sure she had a good look, just in case someone came around the corner and she had to run!

sienna 3276

She reminds me of a lemur when she stands up like that. So cute ๐Ÿ™‚

And thenโ€ฆthings went downhill. I suddenly felt so nauseous, it was ridiculous. I keep trying to think of something Iโ€™ve eaten in the last 24 – 48 hours that would have been off, and I canโ€™t come up with anything. I felt a little off this morning, but I chalked it up to the raw onions on my hot dogs last night. Ugh. So I went for a walk to the mall to run a couple errands, and it may or may not have been a good idea. I was sweaty & chilled, and I still feel like crap. I am not impressed with this. I think Iโ€™m going to have to put my fun dinner on hold, because I donโ€™t want to eat it if Iโ€™m just going to feel like ass afterwards. Le sigh. Iโ€™m still going to do my baking tonight for the BBQ tomorrow, so at least that will be fun.

Off to go lie on the couch and hopefully feel better.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Lunch, Sienna

10 Comments on “Look What I Found!”

1. May 30, 2009 at 6:25 pm #

Oh no! I hope you start feeling better. Stomach viruses are no fun. Sienna really does look like a lemur. How funny!! Oh, and I really love the look of that tempeh and mushroom gravy. Delish!

2. May 30, 2009 at 6:40 pm #

SIENNA IS SO CUTE! haha

3. May 30, 2009 at 7:28 pm #

I hope you feel better your cat is so cute! My my I have no had fresh lychee in so long! Fat chance getting any in Oregon lol!

4. May 30, 2009 at 7:57 pm #

Sienna cracks me up!!!! If I could catch my cats doing all their silly things, I could have a whole new blog!

5. Caroline
    May 30, 2009 at 9:32 pm #

You know, I’ve never had a lychee–what do they taste like?

Love the Sienna pic:)

Feel better soon, my dear!

6. May 30, 2009 at 10:04 pm #

Oh my Sienna! I love her!
    She’s so smart, looking around like that.
    When Henry sits up we say we looks like a meerkat. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. May 30, 2009 at 10:13 pm #

Hope you feel better soon! Sienna=adorable.

8. May 31, 2009 at 5:45 am #

Oh, boy I sure do hope your feeling better! (((HUGS)))

I stared at the lychees for a good 5 minutes while shopping Friday, but didn’t get any. I’ve never had one before and haven’t a clue what to do with them! Can’t wait to see what you do to them so I can run and grab a few before they’re gone!

PS..I just want to reach through the computer and give Sienna a belly scratch! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. May 31, 2009 at 6:46 am #

Haha Sienna looks so cute!! I hope you feel better ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

10. May 31, 2009 at 9:55 am #

Wow, I’ve never seen lychees before! They look so cool. That lunch looks delicious! Oh, and that picture of Sienna cracked me up, haha!

But oh no, I hope you feel better soon! Take it easy