Crazy For Cookies

Tonight I was going to a wind up BBQ with all my skating peeps – even though technically, I didn’t skate on the team this year, only skated with them for their show appearances. Whatever, who am I to say no to a BBQ invite? I love BBQ, and don’t have a grill of my own. It was a potluck, so I obviously said I would bring a dessert – any excuse to bake something, right? I decided I wanted to make cookies. But why stop at one type? I whipped up two batches this weekend 🙂

First, we have a classic oatmeal raisin cookie. I took the recipe off of my package of oats. It worked out perfectly, because I had 3 eggs in my fridge – the oatmeal raisin needed 1, while the chocolate chip needed 2. I’ve never actually made an oatmeal raisin cookie before, so I didn’t have a go-to recipe to use. These turned out pretty well I think. They are soft & chewy, which is how I like my oatmeal raisin cookies to be 🙂 Check them out up close.

Next I made the classic chocolate chip cookie. This recipe comes from the Chipits package! I actually think it’s a really great chocolate chip cookie recipe. Some people say my coworker makes the best chocolate chip cookies, but I kinda like my own better 😉 They again are a little chewy, perfect texture, good ratio of chocolate to cookie dough. Mmm. Dangerous to keep in the house 😉

Alas, there were not as many people at the BBQ as planned, and another person had made this whole ice cream cookie sandwich cake thing that was huge! I figure it was best to just serve that, and not worry about my (amazing) cookies. But look how many cookies I have!

To give you some idea of scale, each of those containers holds 2.5L (or 95 oz)! That’s alot of cookie! I guess I’ll be freezing alot, and taking some to work, because even if I wanted to, I couldn’t eat all of that before it went bad. I would be on one major sugar high!

Sorry for not having any fun food photos of things I ate today. I did have a proper meal at the BBQ, and it’s sitting alright, but I’m still queasy. Perhaps a cup of tea will help that out?

Oh, and I had quite a few comments on my guayaba jam from breakfast yesterday. It is a jam that I ate alot in Ecuador, and picked up a jar to take home with me. I love the brand name 😉

Food 096

Little did I know when I was down there eating it, that guayaba is actually just the Spanish word for guava! Weird that our guide never told us that – he was French Canadian, so I’m sure he knew the English word for the fruit. I just like to call it guayaba, because it sounds more interesting 😉

Well, that’s about it for this evening. Off to enjoy the last few hours of the weekend with some tea and reads. Or perhaps Dr Mario 😉 Night!

Tags: , ,

Categories: Baking

12 Comments on “Crazy For Cookies”

1. May 31, 2009 at 10:16 pm #

Those cookies look wonderful! I love soft & chewy oatmeal raisin cookies…so much better than the overly dry ones.

2. June 1, 2009 at 4:58 am #

Oh yeah, great close ups of some delicious looking cookies! I love having an excuse to cook cookies, in fact I have to make 3 dozen this week, I’m making no-bake cookies, which are one of my favorites 🙂

3. Nicole
    June 1, 2009 at 5:10 am #

So many cookies! I love oatmeal raisin so much. Chewy and delicious.

4. June 1, 2009 at 6:04 am #

You know, if those cookies need a home…….;)

5. June 1, 2009 at 6:55 am #

I would’ve passed up the other ice cream-based dessert for your cookies! They look fantastic. I love a nice, chewy cookie, and it looks like both the oatmeal raisin and the chocolate chip turned out fabulously!

6. June 1, 2009 at 8:00 am #

I’m always the dessert bringer too but I NEVER bring the extras home. I’m the annoying person who’s like, “here take some home to your husband/boyfriend/roommate/mom/dad/etc!” Looks like you’ll be enjoying some delicious cookies though!!

7. June 1, 2009 at 8:08 am #

AWWHH, I still would have served your awesome cookies!!!!! I want some1! LOL!

8. June 1, 2009 at 8:57 am #

(((chewy oatmeal raisin cookies)))

They are THE best. Lady, you make some purty cookies.

9. June 1, 2009 at 1:17 pm #

Those cookies look so good, especially the oatmeal raisin! Soft and chewy cookies are the best 😀

10. broccolihut
    June 1, 2009 at 9:48 pm #

Haha, love the brand name on that guayaba jam!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Can You Believe It’s June?! « from french fries to flax seeds - June 1, 2009

[…] I’m off to make myself a light dinner so I can hit up the gym a bit early – my friend is coming by later this evening to help me out with all those cookies I baked. […]

2. Broken « from french fries to flax seeds - June 17, 2009

[…] those are the cookies I made a couple weeks ago. Crazy that they are still around eh? Well, they met their fate […]