Can You Believe It’s June?!

I know I can’t. Seriously, where has the year gone?! I’m afraid if I blink, it will be moving time and the school time, and I’m so not ready for that yet!

June started off pretty good breakfast wise. I had one lonely piece of baked French toast still in the fridge, so I heated that up, topped it with syrup, and served it with a few strawberries.

Of course, there was my morning glass of Mango Peach Party to go along with it.

I would love to say my stomach felt great after this, but I’d be lying. It’s still off, and it’s really annoying! I get hungry, so I had to eat, but I could do without the constant stomach pain. Le sigh.

Lunch featured the rest of my avocado soup. Note to self – this looks much prettier when it’s fresh. It seems to be lacking it’s lovely pale green colour.

I thought I’d jazz it up a bit with some shredded cheddar and salsa, although I never ended up using the salsa.

I’m sure this is no surprise – carrot & cucumber!

As well as some popcorn for the soup, and a gala apple.

I really enjoy adding the popcorn to this soup. Because it’s so rich, it almost needs something to cut through that, and the popcorn is a fun way to do it 🙂 I didn’t manage to finish all that soup though, it was just too much rich avocado-y goodness.

I’m off to make myself a light dinner so I can hit up the gym a bit early – my friend is coming by later this evening to help me out with all those cookies I baked.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch

7 Comments on “Can You Believe It’s June?!”

1. Nicole
    June 1, 2009 at 6:31 pm #

I can’t believe it’s already June. It’s going by so fast!

Adding popcorn to the soup is a fun idea 😀

2. June 1, 2009 at 6:47 pm #

I know, changing my calendar today was soo weird!

Popcorn in soup?? Very interesting combo 🙂

3. June 1, 2009 at 6:50 pm #

I can’t believe it’s June, either! I totally did a double take when I saw the calendar today.

That breakfast looks yummy, but I’m sorry about your tummy pain. 😦 That’s got to be so irritating.

What a great idea to add popcorn to the soup! I never would have thought of that 😀
    Have a great night!

4. June 1, 2009 at 6:52 pm #

Love that close up of the french toast. Wish my fork could reach through the screen!

5. June 2, 2009 at 4:01 am #

No I cannot believe it!

I need that baked french toast!!!

6. June 2, 2009 at 7:07 am #

I refuse to believe that it’s June! This year is FLYIN!!

7. June 2, 2009 at 10:38 pm #

how is it that your baked french toast still looks so amazing???