Bad Kitty

There was a small domestic dispute this morning between me and Sienna.

me 111

It appears I lost this round. It’s always fun explaining head wounds to your coworkers.

I should have known she was the devil cat – there were signs when she was a kitten.

Sienna 062

Okay, so technically, she was mid yawn when I took the picture. But still! Evil I tell you! (Side note – my sister entered this photo into her work contest, and it was in the pet calendar they produce every year).

She totally had the crazies this morning – she was running all over the house, her hair sticking up, doing that sideways cat walk, jumping all over the couch, bed. I don’t know what got into her. She was on my bed, and I went to get something off the night stand, and she smacked me. So I threw the blankets on her. HA! I did have a headache all morning though on that side of my face. Stupid head wounds.

Anyways, enough of my troubled home life, let’s check out some food.

I made a spectacular bowl of tofudding for breakfast (tofudding = tofu pudding, for those not in the know).

• 1/3 block Mori-Nu Firm Silken Tofu
  • 1 uber ripe banana
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • sprinkle brown sugar
  • splash of coconut extract
  • shredded coconut

Whiz it all up with the immersion blender, put in a bowl, and top with creamy coconut spread. Perfect for a hot, sunny day!

All with a glass of Happy Planet Mango Peach Party.

Who wouldn’t want to eat pudding for breakfast? 😀

Lunch featured some more of my fancy fresh spring rolls – one shrimp, one faux crab.

There was a crunchy gala apple along for the ride. Seems my camera skills were off this morning.

A trio of containers – granola to go with some yogurt, Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl for the apple, and dipping sauce for the spring rolls.

And then my camera didn’t play nice again, so no picture of the full meal deal. But trust me, there was yogurt. Mmmm yogurt.

It’s friggin’ hot out there again today – 30+ C again! And I have skating boot camp tonight…outdoors…in the sun. I’m gonna melt! AH! I really hope are aren’t running AGAIN tonight. Guess I should go hydrate myself before I have to take off. Later!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch, Sienna

10 Comments on “Bad Kitty”

1. June 3, 2009 at 7:16 pm #

Oh I hate getting smacked by my kitty! She’s gotten better with age thankfully and knows better than to get me…she aims for my parents now 😉

Your packed food always looks so amazing and well organized!

2. June 3, 2009 at 8:56 pm #

Oww, sorry about that scratch! That looks painful. That’s so weird that she was acting like that. I wonder what it was.

Love your tofudding, and those spring rolls look so yummy! Good luck in skating bootcamp–drink lots of water 🙂

3. broccolihut
    June 3, 2009 at 9:38 pm #

Haha, love the idea of tofudding–I must try for myself, considering I have about 12484287 blocks of silken tofu in my pantry for some reason.

4. June 4, 2009 at 4:17 am #

Oh gosh, that’s quite the head wound you’ve got there.

And I thought kittens were bad…

5. June 4, 2009 at 5:30 am #

Your poor face! Great description of how Sienna was acting. I can totally picture that. 🙂 Maybe the heat is getting to her, too.

I love your tofudding. I need to buy more tofu so I can make it again! 😉

6. June 4, 2009 at 8:59 am #

Oh no! Come on, Sienna!

Scone has swatted at me – but luckily never my face. My hand usually always has at least one scratch 🙂

7. June 4, 2009 at 9:00 am #

Sorry to hear about your abusive relationship 😉

Galas are the best apples!! That tofudding sounds so good! I’m going to have to try it with, what else, PB2!

8. June 4, 2009 at 9:30 pm #

Oh snap! Sienna got you!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Taking A Time Out « from french fries to flax seeds - June 11, 2009

[…] I just decided to spend the evening at home, relaxing in my pajamas, with the fur baby. I think she was feeling a bit neglected and lonely last night, because she was super lovey-dovey when I went to bed, and was still curled up right next to me in the morning. Usually I only get that kind of lovin’ when I’ve been away for the weekend! Obviously, she was trying to tell me something (fortunately without using her claws). […]

2. Let’s Get Ready To Rumble! « from french fries to flax seeds - August 28, 2009

[…] battles: generally have involved me, you may remember the eye attack? Good with the […]