I’m Melting!

Sprints? Running Stairs? Insane ab work? In this heat?! Blech! But that was my evening at good ol’ Skating Boot Camp. Actually, I didn’t mind the ab & flexibility work, but I was pretty sure my ankle was going to snap while running sprints. Did I mention running doesn’t agree with me? Add in 30 C temperatures, and it makes for one cranky Marianne.

I didn’t eat a snack before hand like I have the past couple of weeks, which was a good thing, because I think I would have been seeing the snack in reverse. One of my skating friends had a bag full of small cucumbers (long story, don’t ask) with her, so I did grab one of those afterwards. I was out of water, and I knew it would be refreshing! You better believe I devoured the whole thing 🙂

When I got home, all I wanted was cheese and carbs in my dinner. Sure, a cheese sandwich would have been the easiest, and most obvious choice, but I was in the mood for a little more, plus there were some leftovers in the fridge I wanted to use up. Here’s what I ended up with.

Steamed broccoli & cauliflower topped with cheddar and mozzarella, brown basmati rice with soy sauce, and some honeydew melon.

Check out that fresh, juicy melon. Yum!

Totally hit the spot, and removed two containers from my fridge. Score!

I spent some of the evening talking to my mom on the phone, since she just got back from a short trip with a friend. I also watched some So You Think You Can Dance? Then it was chocolate snack time!

Two of my homemade chocolate chip cookies.

And a frothy mug of Ecuadorian hot chocolate.

I do love me some chocolate!

I love that photo with the red background. I was getting all arty with my snack this evening 😉

Now I think it’s time I hit the sack. I *should* do the dishes, but I’m sleepy, so I think I’ll go to bed and read, and do the damn things in the morning. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Snack

13 Comments on “I’m Melting!”

1. June 4, 2009 at 12:41 am #

This weather is ridiculous – not conducive to exercising at all!

2. June 4, 2009 at 4:25 am #

weather can be such a downer when it comes to exercise…i was running in a thunderstorm yesterday terrified for my life…does that make me crazy? LOL.

3. June 4, 2009 at 5:32 am #

I love that you put cheese on your broccoli all the time. I used to do that and then stuff it into a baked potato. sooooo yummy! I am gonna bring that back. Hot chocolate sounds so good even though it’s summer haha.

4. June 4, 2009 at 5:59 am #

This may sound odd, but you boot camp sounds like fun!

SYTYCD is my summer time obsession. Can’t get enough of that show!

Wicked chocolatey snack….:)

5. June 4, 2009 at 7:30 am #

That boot camp sounds hardcore!

And I totally left dishes in the sink last night, I know, I can’t believe it myself! 😉

6. april
    June 4, 2009 at 8:27 am #

Lately all I’ve wanted to do is read too!

7. June 4, 2009 at 8:31 am #

Crazy boot camp! I love honeydew melon. My sister hates it (crazy!!), but I think it’s delicious 😀
    Those cookies and hot chocolate look fantastic!

8. June 4, 2009 at 8:45 am #

Just stumbled across your site!
    That broccoli + cheese looks amazing! That’s pretty much the only way I can eat broccoli lol.. pinching my nose helps too ;] I love me some veggies, but I think that it is love/hate relationship with me and mister broccoli lol

9. June 4, 2009 at 9:02 am #

Cheese and carbs – can’t beat that! Gah dishes are the bane of my existence! Honestly, I wish there was a button to push to have them done!

10. June 4, 2009 at 10:40 am #

boot camps sounds intesnse!

cheese + anything = heaven and can’t go wrong with cookies and hot chocolate!

11. June 4, 2009 at 12:53 pm #

Ouch, I could totally use some of that intense bootcamp right about now. I need my booty kicked! Although in the heat sounds mucho unappealing… working out when it’s hot is NOT fun.

Honeydew, how I love you! I haven’t had any this season yet… I’m a cravin!

12. June 4, 2009 at 3:13 pm #

The cookies & hot chocolate look really good!

13. Nicole
    June 4, 2009 at 5:48 pm #

Honeydew is my most favorite ever! I ran out today though, boooo!