Cookies?

Sorry to disappoint, but there were no cookies for dinner. That’s not to say I didn’t munch on a couple while making dinner though 😉

It’s okay, because I came up with a pretty good dinner if I do say so myself.

It started with some roasted wasabi garlic potatoes – wasabi, garlic, pepper, canola oil.

Some steamed broccoli & cauliflower that I kicked up with some nutritional yeast (instead of my usual cheddar) & butter. Noochy!

And I deconstructed my rotisserie deli chicken, so I had one of the chicken breast (sans skin) with a little sweet chili sauce – mostly because it was pretty plain looking!

Dinner was all sorts of good. I should have added more wasabi to the potatoes though – I find when roasted, the flavour becomes way less intense.

After some dishes and whatnot, I wandered over to the gym for 40 min on the stair climber and 25 min of incline walking on the treadmill. Just a good ol’ basic sweat session.

Then it was time for a little ice cream action 🙂

I picked up this Purdy’s Hedgehog Ice Cream this week because it FINALLY went on sale. I think it came out maybe a month or so ago? I’ve been eyeing up all the Purdy’s ice creams, but after my amazing hazelnut gelato last week, this was the obvious flavour choice.

This was good for sure, but not as good as that heavenly gelato. It freezes very hard though, so I had to let it sit out on the counter so I could chisel scoop some out. It is made with real cream, so it’s no healthy ice cream, but I’m okay with that. There’s something to be said for good, real ice cream every once in a while. If it happens to be chocolate hazelnut flavour? Even better!

But now it’s time to get my sleep head to bed. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dessert, Dinner

8 Comments on “Cookies?”

1. June 9, 2009 at 5:26 am #

That looks like a great dinner! And ah well, at least some cookies were eaten in the process! 😉 I’ve never tried using nutritional yeast over veggies– that sounds like a great idea. The ice cream looks so yummy!

Have a lovely day!

2. June 9, 2009 at 5:29 am #

MMMM roasted wasabi potatoes sound amazing. I love wasabi so much, I sometime overdo it though and my stomach goes haywire. Rotisserie chicken is so convenient. Love your dinner, and chocolate hazelnut is the best combo ever!

3. June 9, 2009 at 5:52 am #

i loveeeee that sweet chili sauce! its soo delish. your meal looks absolutely AMAZINGGG

4. June 9, 2009 at 6:18 am #

HAH! I love the hedgehogs! Those potatoes sound amazing – this may be a stoopid question but where does one find wasabi in the grocery store? I fail at wasabi.

5. June 9, 2009 at 7:46 am #

Your cookies barely lasted until dinner at my house! 🙂

Love the meal you cooked for youself. The potato/wasabi mix sounds really tasty.

I’ve never heard of Purdy’s! That flavour is right up my alley! I had a small bowl of Breyers banana cream pie (real) ice cream last night. Because I don’t eat ice cream much, it was such a creamy treat. Yours woulda been better, though!!!

6. JB
    June 9, 2009 at 10:29 am #

i’ve never tried nutritional yeast, but so many people use it in things! i’ve got to get some. i DO have wasabi powder, though. i’ve had it for a while and it’s yet to be opened. i guess i just haven’t come up with any good wasabi ideas yet. but those potatoes look great!

-JB

7. June 9, 2009 at 3:51 pm #

omg…i totally want those potatoes you had…and the ice cream of course. drool.

8. traveleatlove
    June 9, 2009 at 6:20 pm #

I haven’t seen that ice cream before, but it looks soooo delicious!