It’s A Mystery

Oh, how I hate Mondays. Getting up, going to work. Blech. Give me the weekend any day!

I was in a rush this morning, because I had not slept that well last night. Miss Sienna wouldn’t go to sleep, so I ended up sleeping on the couch with her, since it seemed like the only place she would settle down. Totally not as comfortable as my bed. The things we do for our fur babies.

I threw together a bowl of cereal for breakfast. Sadly, I have only two cereals left in my cupboard now! Ack!

Kashi GoLean Crunch, Original Puffins, craisins, and dried goldenberries. The Kashi is all gone…must get to Costco to get more.

Served up with a glass of cranberry juice.

My lunch was a bit of a mystery when I left. I grabbed a package out of the freezer. I assumed it was a soup, but I wasn’t sure exactly what kind.

To go with the mystery soup, I grabbed some Multigrain Corn Thins and Holy Homous Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. There are actually 3 corn thins in the picture, but they are stacked up too neatly for you to tell 😉

I also threw together my favourite yogurt combo – plain non-fat yogurt, lemon curd, flax seed, and coconut.

And a pretty gala apple.

All ready to go to work.

Turns out it wasn’t actually soup, it was chicken stew. I don’t even remember when I made that! At least it still tasted good.

So while I was at work, I got an email from the advisor at school, and they have officially waived chemistry for me! So excited! Now I’m torn – do I just take the 6 classes I need to get as pre-requisites and focus on acing all of them, or should I upgrade my biochem now that I have room to take more classes? I can see how a good biochemistry base would be beneficial to Dietetics studies, and let’s be honest – my marks were pretty dismal. I can’t exactly tell you why – I was young and foolish I guess 😉 I need to ensure I have a high GPA to get into the program, and those two marks are bringing me down considerably. Le sigh. Although, I could just focus on my other classes and save money and my sanity. What to do, what to do.

I also almost ran over some dumbass skateboarding down the street on my way home from work. I could see he was looking a little shaky on his board, and next thing you know, he totally bailed into the middle of the road. The idiot is lucky I didn’t run him over with my car. And of course, he wasn’t wearing any protective gear, so I’m sure he’ll be suffering some sweet road rash. Serves him right.

Guess I should create some food for dinner. Otherwise I’ll just keep eating these babies:

Although really, would it be all that bad to have chocolate chip cookies for dinner? I’m just saying…

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch

10 Comments on “It’s A Mystery”

1. June 8, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

What classes are you going to be taking? I may have taken them before! Those cookies look SO good…it’s been way too long since I’ve baked some for myself.

2. June 8, 2009 at 6:21 pm #

Only 2 cereals left?! I hate it when that happens to me, 3 is a minimum requirement haha..

Glad the soup was good, and Gala apples ARE so pretty, aren’t they? 🙂

Yay for having chem waved! One of my least favorite subjects.

3. marie
    June 8, 2009 at 6:29 pm #

FWIW, I think salad and an ice cream cone is a balanced meal and go that route every now and again. 😉 Sooo, no, I don’t think having cookies for dinner every now and again is a bad thing.

4. June 8, 2009 at 6:33 pm #

your bowls of cereal are prob the best looking bowls around this blogworld haha. Every time I see them I wanna go whip up the same thing. Keep at it!!!!
    I am def going to try lemon curd in my yogurt, sounds extravagant. Having a lovely evening!!!

5. June 8, 2009 at 6:54 pm #

Sorry your monday was rough. Your cereal looks delicious! Haha I think cookies for dinner once in a while isn’t too bad! 🙂

I hope you can get a good night’s sleep tonight!

6. June 8, 2009 at 7:07 pm #

not bad at all to have cookies for dinner..i hate trail mix for dinner 🙂

7. JB
    June 8, 2009 at 7:27 pm #

let me just say, that cereal looks mighty delicious. i like how the cranberry juice matches the craisins in the bowl, haha. that sounds a little weird…but i can’t be only one who enjoys little things like that!
    and since you hate mondays so much, i say just have the cookies for dinner and maybe they’ll cheer you up!
    just remember that tomorrow is tuesday, and then it’s only one more day until hump day! from then on it’s all downhill. so if you think about it, it’s practically the weekend already! kind of a stretch…but i tried! 🙂

8. broccolihut
    June 8, 2009 at 9:28 pm #

Haha, it’s a rare day in my house when I have only two cereals on hand!

9. June 9, 2009 at 6:21 am #

Only 2 boxes of cereal must be a new low for you! 😉

That’s pretty exciting to have a class waived for you. I would be facing the same dilemma as you are about taking another class or focusing on what I have. Oh, decisions!

The dumbass skateboarder hopefully learned his leasson. Good thing he didn’t knock his head!

10. June 9, 2009 at 7:18 am #

You NEED to restock your Kashi! It’s the best cereal!! Congrats on the chem you lucky lady!! I would probably retake biochem just because I’m a perfectionist but look at it this way, you already have a grasp on the subject so it shouldn’t be as tough this time around.