Does Your Boot Camp Have An After Party?

Yeah, I didn’t think so. Mine did tonight. Jealous? ;D

But before I could go to Skating Boot Camp, I had to get some fuel in my body! I went with a light, tasty dinner.

I grilled up a delicious wrap filled with Holy Homous Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, chicken, onion, dill pickle, and cheddar cheese. Sort of a random combination, but you gotta go with it sometimes.

Then I added a side of Rice Works Sea Salt Crisps.

And voila! I had dinner.

It’s a bit monochromatic, but it worked. The rice chips are quite nice – I think they would make great dippers for your favourite dip. Guacamole definitely comes to mind, but I’m sure hummus, salsa, or anything else would be just as good. The grilled wrap was excellent, per usual. How could it not be? It’s grilled, has cheese, hummus, and pickles. That’s almost guaranteed awesomeness right there!

So boot camp tonight was actually held at my skating coach’s house in her backyard. She had set up stations, and we did a circuit training session. I think this was my absolute favourite boot camp so far. I actually would love to set up my own little circuit in my backyard to do, except that I don’t have a backyard. Boo. But when I move home, I will have a vast expanse of yard to work with. Some of the exercises included tricep dips, plank, walking lunges, and step ups. In all, there were 12 stations, and we spent a minute at each. We did the circuit twice. We also did a good sprint/squat/jumping jacks warm up, stretch, and a mini ab session at the end. Loved it! I want to do that every week 😀

And because it was at her house, we had a little social gathering afterwards. There were drinks, ice cream treats, and hot tubbing! WOOT! I know, the drinks & ice cream sort of negates the boot camp, but whatever, it was fun. I had my one pear cider (love it, because it’s not sickly sweet), a mini revello (you know, the ice cream on a stick covered in chocolate), then hit up the tub for about an hour. My muscles were feeling mighty fine when I got home 🙂

I had a quick shower once home, did the dishes, and thought about having some fruit, but realized I wasn’t hungry. Then I got on the computer to tell you all about it 🙂

And on that note, time to finish watching the news and hop into bed. I have a feeling I’ll sleep well tonight.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner

10 Comments on “Does Your Boot Camp Have An After Party?”

1. June 11, 2009 at 5:15 am #

Do you use a George Foreman to grill those things up? They look so yummy!!! I don’t have any sort of grill so I wonder if they will work in a skillet?? Have a lovely day and cheers to after boot camp parties!!

2. June 11, 2009 at 6:15 am #

What a hell of a boot camp service!! Love it 😀

3. June 11, 2009 at 6:27 am #

Your dinner looks great. I don’t know why I don’t eat wraps more often!

That boot camp sounds really cool. I’ll be trying a bootcamp for the first time this summer when I go visit my best friend. I’m a little scared about it!

4. June 11, 2009 at 9:21 am #

OMG! Awesome!!! (both the wrap AND the class!)

5. JB
    June 11, 2009 at 9:31 am #

that boot camp sounds so fun! and your dinner looks delicious for something you seem to have thrown together so casually. i’ve got to make a grilled wrap soon. every time i see a picture of one i want to make one!

have a good thursday!
    -JB

6. June 11, 2009 at 9:37 am #

I WISH my boot camps would have after parties involving drinks – we had the hot tubbing/tubing/BBQ but no drinks!

7. June 11, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

Boot camp sounds great!
    Love your dinner 🙂
    ❤ jess

P.S This is my first comment-I'm adding you to my blogroll!

8. June 11, 2009 at 1:33 pm #

This “boot camp” sounds like so much fun! I’m sure it’s not really “fun” sometimes, but it sounds like a great workout and a good time with friends. That wrap looks absolutely delicious. I love red pepper hummus, but I’ve never tried that brand, I’ll have to check it out. Pickles were a great addition too, yum.

9. June 11, 2009 at 2:00 pm #

Sounds like supa fun night with friends. And yum to the wrap and rice chips!

10. broccolihut
    June 11, 2009 at 9:17 pm #

What a blast!
    My next crack wrap will most def include some pickle action thanks to you:)