Taking A Time Out

Oh, don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere – you’ll still get your daily fix of my food creations!

I just decided to spend the evening at home, relaxing in my pajamas, with the fur baby. I think she was feeling a bit neglected and lonely last night, because she was super lovey-dovey when I went to bed, and was still curled up right next to me in the morning. Usually I only get that kind of lovin’ when I’ve been away for the weekend! Obviously, she was trying to tell me something (fortunately without using her claws).

Since I was chillaxin’, I needed dinner to involve the least amount of effort as possible. Good thing I had leftovers in the fridge to work with.

I grilled up a salmon burger, and topped it with tzatziki.

Then I reheated the rest of my roasted garlic wasabi potatoes from the other night.

As well as the rest of the stanky steamed broccoli/cauliflower, which I promptly topped with a little shredded cheddar.

Minimal effort, awesome dinner. Love it!

I was able to catch the last of the setting sun to take photos as well! Yay!

I then spent the rest of the evening working out moving logistics with my mom on the phone (there’s alot of coordination when you have 3 people coming on the ferry to help you move), sort of watching tv, harassing the cat, and doing dishes. I also got in a little pseudo pedicure – trust me, my feet need all the help they can get! Eventually, it was snack time.

I chopped up 1/4 of a honeydew melon, then added the end of the container of So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream (the coconut flavour), and whizzed it up with the immersion blender. Then I put it back in the freezer for a good 30 min or so to get a little more frosty.

(as I was typing this, Sienna just launched herself onto my desk, and then back off – she obviously has the evening crazies)

I love honeydew and I love coconut. This was awesome! Why do they not make a honeydew gelato? Because they should. I’d be all over that.

And I guess that about sums up my day. Time to get some sleep – I’m determined to NOT oversleep again tomorrow. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dessert, Dinner, Sienna

18 Comments on “Taking A Time Out”

1. cookeatrun
    June 11, 2009 at 11:38 pm #

wow everythangg looks delish! i ❤ your blog! 🙂

2. June 12, 2009 at 4:03 am #

Honeydew and Coconut?! There’s a refreshing combination you don’t see everyday. I’ll be sure to give it a try.

Even though its kind of scary…I love it when my cat gets the crazies!

3. June 12, 2009 at 4:14 am #

I’m one of those weirdos that doesn’t like honeydew… but i do like coconut! I love when my cat goes nuts because it totally cracks me up!

4. June 12, 2009 at 5:47 am #

Honeydew gilato would be amazing!! Never thought of the honeydew coconut combo before!

happy Friday!

5. June 12, 2009 at 6:10 am #

What a tasty looking (and healthy) meal! Honeydew gelato would be absolutely tasty. I bet someone makes it out there….you’ve just got to search, or make your own!! I bet it’s not too hard, but you’ll have to get an ice cream maker.

6. June 12, 2009 at 6:28 am #

I love honey dew! My dog is like a cat in that she only wants attention on her terms so when she starts acting crazy and actually wants to cuddle with me, I know she’s feeling neglected! Our poor fur children!

7. June 12, 2009 at 6:51 am #

Love that delicious dinner! Yum. And the honeydew ice cream looks amazing! I know, honeydew gelato would be incredible! Mmmm!

8. June 12, 2009 at 6:53 am #

What a relaxing evening!! Amazing dinner, salmon burgers are sooo good!

9. June 12, 2009 at 7:25 am #

Honeydew gelato is a great idea!

10. June 12, 2009 at 7:29 am #

i like anything with coconut, but honeydew gelato does sound awesome.

why have I never tried a salmon burger? that picture looks amazing.

11. JB
    June 12, 2009 at 9:18 am #

honeydew and coconut sound like they would be incredible together! i HAVE to put them together now. i’ve never had melon in a smoothie. thanks for the idea!

-JB

12. June 12, 2009 at 9:45 am #

Love that dinner, looks so yummy tasty! 😀

13. June 12, 2009 at 10:31 am #

I have to try the melon & So Delicious mix. I was contemplating adding canteloupe to mine the other day!

14. June 12, 2009 at 12:26 pm #

Hi I’m relatively new to blogging, just started my own and have just come across your blog. I have to say I love the foodie pictures and your recipes 🙂

15. June 12, 2009 at 1:23 pm #

hahah YES why DOn’t they make a honey dew gelato??? You are so full of great flavor ideas!!! I think you would looove Hong Kong!! They combined flavors of the most interesting things like tofu gelato, curry and rice flavored ice-cream…it would be so fun showing you around. 🙂

Hope you have a faabulous weekend! I need to do myself up a little too….pedicure season is still…a couple weeks ago from Chicago. *sigh*

16. June 12, 2009 at 1:46 pm #

Everytime you cook up a salmon burger I get a craving for one!!! Too bad I can’t find them anymore. 😦

LOVE you honeydew creation!

17. June 12, 2009 at 5:14 pm #

You always make your cheddared veggies look so delicious and perfect. I mean I know broc and melted cheese is a drool worthy dish as is but you manage to make it look 10x more delicious every time you have it!

I’d totally buy honeydew gelato.

18. broccolihut
    June 13, 2009 at 9:56 am #

Love the honeydew concoction! Delish.