Nuts To Sleeping In!

It’s true, I didn’t wake up as planned…again. But I threw caution to the wind, and took the time to cook up some oats anyways! I’m such a rebel.

Hello there beautiful 🙂 This was one fancy pants bowl of oats.

• 1/2 cup oats, milk, water
  • 1 tbsp Ruth’s Chia Goodness
  • frozen rhubarb
  • frozen blueberries
  • splash of vanilla
  • 1 tbsp Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful
  • slivered almonds

Served up with a glass of cranberry juice.

It was such a lovely bowl or oatmeal goodness. I figured since strawberry & rhubarb go together, really, any berry should work, so I went with blueberries. I was right 🙂 Plus it makes the bowl so pretty!

A bunch of my coworkers went out for lunch today, and although it was tempting since they were going to the vegan Buddhist restaurant (love their lunch buffet), I realized that I need to keep myself on a tight spending budget for these next couple of months before I move, so I stuck with my packed lunch. And really, that wasn’t a bad thing, because I packed a great lunch.

Since I’m out of falafel, I mixed things up and brought all the fixin’s for a chicken tzatziki pita – chicken, onion, carrot, cucumber, red leaf lettuce (hiding).

I finished off a container of yogurt with a little flax seed and cinnamon.

And grabbed a couple of fruits, since I was indecisive – kiwi and a nectarine. Nectarines! Finally they are in season – oh how I have missed thee.

With said pita & tzatziki, ya know, so I could make the sammy.

My chicken tzatziki pita was excellent, if not a little messy to eat. But aren’t the best foods a little messy to eat anyways? I ended up not eating the kiwi, and instead chopped up the nectarine and added it to my yogurt. It was a little under ripe for my liking, but it was still tasty. I’m so happy nectarines are in season. Expect to see alot of them 🙂

After work I ran some errands – cat food for the cat, various toiletries for myself. Good thing it was payday! Now I’m not sure what I want to do with the rest of my evening. I’m considering the gym now and dinner later. I also really want some sort of Asian noodle dish for dinner, but I don’t think I have any good ingredients for that. Booo. So dinner is still up in the air. Perhaps inspiration will hit while I’m at the gym? Let’s hope so!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch

9 Comments on “Nuts To Sleeping In!”

1. June 12, 2009 at 6:37 pm #

I had rhubarb in my oats this morning! I loved it =)

2. June 12, 2009 at 6:41 pm #

Mmm I love the purple!!

3. June 12, 2009 at 7:14 pm #

So that chia worked well in the oats, eh? Note to self to try!

Your lunches always look so appetizing. I sure your pita was much better than buffet food!

4. June 12, 2009 at 7:30 pm #

I love the color of those oats. Truly stunning. A simple spicy peanut dressing could make a good Asian noodle dish! I’m sure you have the ingredients at home?

5. Anne K.
    June 12, 2009 at 7:32 pm #

That is one delish bowl of oats! And such a pretty color, too. What a great idea to add rhubarb.

Have a lovely weekend!

6. June 12, 2009 at 8:48 pm #

I need to try this “Chia” that you always talk about. You know, I’ve never heard of it! I assume it’s similar to oatmeal….it looks great.

7. June 13, 2009 at 12:45 am #

The bowl of oats looks amazing, what a wonderful colour 🙂

8. June 13, 2009 at 6:30 am #

I’m glad you rebelled because those are some pretty oats 🙂

9. JB
    June 13, 2009 at 10:04 am #

those oats look incredible!

by the way, for dinner last night i had a mediterranian wrap. it had falafel and tzatziki sauce in it! i talked about it in my post today. i just thought i would tell you, since you mentioned tzatziki, and because you frequently eat falafels! 🙂