Out On A School Night?

Hello everyone! How was your Monday? Mine wasn’t too bad…as good as a Monday can be anyways.

It started out with sleeping in! I know, you are shocked. For some reason, I just couldn’t fall asleep last night, which made for one tired Marianne in the morning. Even still, I ended up fed, dressed, lunch made, and out the door on time.

Breakfast was a quickie – a bowl of Nature’s Path Pumpkin Raisin Crunch cereal in skim milk with a glass of Happy Planet Mango Peach Party.

It was a really satisfying breakfast. I think because it was foods I like eating. I find whenever I go home, I’m at a loss with what to make/eat, because it’s not the stuff I like buying. I have a feeling I’m going to be doing alot of my own grocery shopping when I move home.

Then it was time to throw together something tasty for lunch- not the easiest task when you need to do a little grocery shopping.

I started with yogurt mixed with raspberry jam, crunchy peanut butter, and flax seed.

Then the good ol’ veggie stand by – carrots and cucumber.

A pretty Granny Smith apple. I love the ones that have a little blush of pink on them 🙂

I also grabbed a little bit of granola to throw in the yogurt, and a Dr Weil Banana Manna bar to round out my lunch.

Boy have a I missed yogurt mixed with peanut butter & jam. It really hit the spot today. The Banana Manna bar was interesting. I opened it up, and didn’t think it smelled that banana-y. But after taking a bite, it was really like eating banana bread. Made me almost want to slather it in a bit of peanut butter 🙂 I probably would have if I hadn’t already mixed it in my yogurt.

I stayed at work a little late, then came home and hopped in the shower. I seem to have come down with some sort of rash/bumps on my neck and chest, and for the life of me, I can’t figure out what it’s from. I haven’t changed my diet, the soaps I use, etc. I didn’t eat anything weird this past weekend. I thought it might have been from the hot tub, but my mom didn’t have any issues, so I don’t think that’s it. She thinks it could be from all the strawberries I’ve been eating lately, because they can cause hives. How sad would that be? I’m going to not eat any while it clears up, then try them out to see if that might be the cause. The only other thing I’ve had an abundance of is shrimp/prawns, so I might have to do the same test with that. I better not be developing any food allergies in my old age!

Then I was out the door for the evening. My friend invited me over for dinner, in exchange for me driving her to pick up her friend from the airport this evening. Dinner was lovely – chicken kabobs & veggie kabobs (mushrooms, green pepper, red onion, cherry tomatoes) on the grill, with some fresh bakery foccacia bread. Oh, and we had these excellent cake-like cookies she picked up from the bakery. I got to bring one home. Check it out.

They are pumpkin pie cookies with maple frosting. Now, I’m not a pumpkin fiend by any means, but these were really good. I think it will go wonderfully with some tea tomorrow night after dinner, don’t you think? 🙂

Alas, it is about that time again, where I go watch the news and hit the sack. Hoping to bike to work tomorrow morning! Night 🙂

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch

8 Comments on “Out On A School Night?”

1. Jess
    June 23, 2009 at 3:58 am #

Do you have any seasonal allergies? Sometimes I get a bit of a rash on my neck area from my pollen allergy. Maybe that could be it.

2. June 23, 2009 at 4:46 am #

I find I enjoy my meals much more when its a product I love. Sometimes I don’t even feel like finishing when its not familier to me (and I hardly waste anything!)

I’ve got to try yogurt with PB&J, it sounds AMAZING!!

Has it been hot out? I seem to get a little heat rash on my chest sometimes when its humid or hot. It could also be allergies? Pollen?

Pumpkin. Pie. Cookies?! Send me one! 😉

3. June 23, 2009 at 5:29 am #

I am a pumpkin fiend and those looks AMAZING!! As for the rash, I’ve never heard about strawberries causing rashes. Unless you are eating multiple cartons a day, I wouldn’t think it’s the strawberries. It seems more likely that it would be the prawns, since they are a popular allergen. Hope you figure it out soon, and give us updates! I like medical mysteries (as long as they aren’t life threatening..)

4. June 23, 2009 at 6:45 am #

Are you stressed at all? I used to get mysterious stress rashes all the time.

5. June 23, 2009 at 7:29 am #

That banana manna bar is GOOD!! I had it preblog but haven’t bought it since. I’m going to have to swipe one next time I’m out 🙂

Hmm the rash is weird! I’ve been breaking out in mini hives thanks to the cottonwood that is raining down on my house but it’s never a full blown allergy attack. Just dots here and there.

6. June 23, 2009 at 7:30 am #

Once when I was a kid I got a horrible rash from strawberry picking/eating. My whole body was covered in a chain link fence pattern in red. And ITCHY? OMG…it was awful. It only happened that once, though so Mom’s has always thought it was the pesticides they used back then. Hope you get cleared up ASAP and it’s not food related. How much would that suck???

I really enjoyed that Dr. Weil bar but the chia razz was my fave….

7. June 23, 2009 at 1:50 pm #

Ack. Both shrimp and strawberries can cause allergic reactions. Boo if either one of them is the cause.

I like those Dr. Weil bars. Will have to try the nanner one.

8. broccolihut
    June 23, 2009 at 9:17 pm #

Hmm I guess I should try the Banana Manna flavor of Dr. Weil bars–I kinda bashed them in my most recent video post. Perhaps Dr. Weil will redeem himself…