Happy Hump Day

It’s Wednesday already? This week seems to be flying by so fast! I guess it’s because I actually have things to keep me busy at work.

I was totally craving some cereal this morning, so I went simple & tasty.

I put a whole whack of Kashi GoLean Crunch into the bowl, pour on the skim milk, and topped it with some craisins and a little shredded coconut.

Do I even need to say what I had with it?

I knew what I wanted this morning, and this totally hit the spot. I love when meals work out that way 🙂 Makes the start of the day that much better.

Lunch was based around a freezer find, because I wasn’t in the mood to make anything this morning.

In that frosty looking bag lives some homemade lentil vegetable soup. Upon eating my lunch this afternoon, I found out it contained lentils, carrot, celery, onion, potato, tomato, and spinach. It looks like alot, but there was mucho broth in there.

As you can see, I also grabbed a juicy nectarine.

And a whole wheat English muffin to toast up at work, and slather in cashew butter 🙂

I just brought the whole jar, because there was very little left inside. So sad.

I don’t eat cashew butter nearly enough. It was a great accompaniment to my lentil vegetable soup. I wished I’d had more! I’ll definitely have to pick up some more when I’m out shopping this weekend, and remember to use it more often.

Now it’s time to relax on the couch for a bit before heading off to Skating Boot Camp. I think we get to do either running, roller blading, or biking today. You KNOW I’m going to choose to ride my bike. Yay!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch

7 Comments on “Happy Hump Day”

1. June 24, 2009 at 6:20 pm #

I want that cashew butter!! The nectarine looks nice and fresh. I haven’t had any this season, or peaches for that matter! What’s wrong with me?
    I love that you have frozen soup in a bag in your freezer. My mom does that all the time, I think it’s great. I don’t cook a lot of soup so I haven’t had the opportunity to freeze any soups in a bag yet, but you can bet I’m excited! haha

2. June 24, 2009 at 6:44 pm #

You know I don’t even like Kashi Golean and yet you make it look yummy! lol 😉

Hope you had a much better day today!!!

3. June 24, 2009 at 7:20 pm #

Try homemade cashew butter, it’s da bomb. Though I’ve never tried the jarred stuff so I can’t give a fair comparison. That jarred kind sure does look tasty though.

Nothing wrong with a freezer meal. I get such satisfaction from clearing leftovers out of the freezer and making whole meals out of it 🙂

4. June 24, 2009 at 7:42 pm #

I lurveeeee Cashew Butter!

5. June 25, 2009 at 5:36 am #

Way to go with your b-fast craving. I agree that eating what you want sets the day off on the right foot.

I’ve never tried cashew butter, but I bet it’s good…..

I wish I knew how to roller blade, but I guess it would help if I could actually ice skate better! My kids can kick my ass around the rink now!

6. June 25, 2009 at 5:56 am #

Cashew butter is so good! Like you though it takes me AGES to finish a jar of it!

Kashi Crunch = best cereal in the world 🙂

7. June 25, 2009 at 12:26 pm #

I decided to try Cashew Butter the last time I went to pick up more Almond Butter. Oh my, it is amazing! Had no idea what I was missing. I’m going to be in that empty jar situation soon and it makes me oh so sad to think about it. 😦