Shocking Day

I’m sure you’ve all heard the news – Michael Jackson has passed away. How shocking is that? Seriously. I saw it on my news feed at work, and couldn’t believe it. I went out to tell some other coworkers, and there was just as much shock amongst them as I had. Maybe it’s because he was at his peak when I was growing up. His was the first concert I ever saw, when I was all of 5 years old. Sure, his life got a little weird in recent times, but the man had talent, you can’t deny that. It’s so bizarre when icons of your childhood just pass suddenly (Kurt Cobain anyone?), especially when they aren’t that old. Crazy. I feel some Thriller is required later on this evening.

Shall we get to the food now? I think so.

Unlike yesterday, where I knew what I was going to do for pretty much ever meal, this morning, I was much less focussed. So I went with a no-brainer – cereal.

A bowl full of Nature’s Path Pumpkin Raisin Crunch and skim milk. This cereal has enough going on without needing to add anything. I love that!

Just as easy to serve up – a glass of Happy Planet Mango Peach Party.

I had no focus for lunch either. I saw bananas on the counter, and thought sandwich. Peanut butter & banana on some Silver Hills “The Big 16” bread. Stacked double decker style for the photo 😉

I went with the lunch time stand by of carrot & cucumber.

And some rice cracker/nut mix.

Lunch to go.

I *think* I have a plan for dinner, but we’ll have to see if I actually have all the ingredients on hand. Time to go find out what my kitchen has to offer!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch

6 Comments on “Shocking Day”

1. June 25, 2009 at 6:18 pm #

I had no idea about M.J. until I read your post. I almost fell off my chair! Being a few years older than you, we were ALL over Michael Jackson. Moon walk anyone????

2. June 25, 2009 at 7:04 pm #

I’m jealous you got to see him in concert!!!!!!

By the time I was old enough to appreciate it he had stopped touring. 😦 I kept on waiting for the day he’d tour again. In fact I always said I’d pay good money (and by that I mean hundreds and hundreds of dollars) to see him in concert.

Now I’ll never get the chance. 😦

3. June 25, 2009 at 7:32 pm #

The news of MJ’s death is so beyond sad. My childhood music memories are all focused around his music. 😦

I’m workin my way thru that same box of cereal!!

4. June 25, 2009 at 7:39 pm #

I had the same cereal for breakfast this morning. It’s really good.

I could not believe that MJ was dead.

5. June 26, 2009 at 5:54 am #

I was so sad when I found out about MJ 😦 How depressing was Hollywood yesterday!

6. June 26, 2009 at 6:31 am #

Oh I was so bumming about Michael Jackson. I’m currently listening to an MJ station on Pandora. Booo

I love rice snacks! So yummy 🙂