Oh Canada Oats

HAPPY CANADA DAY! 142 years and still going strong 🙂

In celebration of Canada Day, I figured my oatmeal should be red & white. I’m so clever 😉

• 1/2 cup oats, unsweetened almond milk, water
  • 1/3 block Mori-Nu Silken Firm tofu
  • splash of vanilla
  • fresh raspberries
  • drizzle of maple syrup
  • dollop of marshmallow creme

I blended up the oats through vanilla to make it extra creamy & delicious.

Unfortunately my juice wasn’t red, but it was still good!

Sienna was even ready to celebrate in the sun.

sienna 3290

She actually just wanted to stare at the heckling crow and eat the grass. What is with cats and eating grass?!

I think it’s about time I get ready to head out on my bike, so I can get home in time to head out to the Farmer’s Market. Later!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Sienna

10 Comments on “Oh Canada Oats”

1. July 1, 2009 at 9:51 am #

Happy Canada Day! Love the red and white theme. The creamy bowl of oats looks so scrumptious!

Cats eat grass if they have an upset stomach. It makes them yack (gross image, I know) and feel better.

2. July 1, 2009 at 10:38 am #

Happy Canada Day! My dogs eat grass all the time – I don’t know, they’re weird! We feed them, I swear 😉

3. July 1, 2009 at 10:42 am #

Happy Canada Day!

Hope the trip to the Farmers Market was full of fresh goodies.

4. July 1, 2009 at 11:37 am #

Love the festive oats–happy canada day! I hope you have a great afternoon. The Farmer’s Market sounds fun!

5. July 1, 2009 at 11:59 am #

happy canada day! the oats are beautiful!

our cat loves to eat grass, too. I don’t get it!

hope you had a good trip to the farmer’s market!

6. July 1, 2009 at 12:17 pm #

Happy Canada Day! Those oats look goooood!

7. July 1, 2009 at 12:18 pm #

Creative and delicious oats indeed! Happy Canada Day! 😉

8. July 1, 2009 at 12:24 pm #

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

I hope you haven’t been cleaning cat you-know-what! When ever my cats eat grass I know they’re gonna be sick-o.

Hope that market trip was successful!

9. JB
    July 1, 2009 at 2:39 pm #

happy canada day! haha.
    and i don’t know why cats love grass! my mom even bought my cat a little pot of it for inside eating. now he can be super lazy because he doesn’t even have to go outside to eat that yummy grass. hah!

have a good time at the farmer’s market? i looove farmer’s markets.

-JB

10. July 3, 2009 at 8:54 am #

Oh my little Sienna boo!
    I love your patriotic oats! Happy Canada Day!
    I’m going to Canada next month but I’ll be way far from you. 😦 Boo.