Hello Weekend!

Today was the slowest. day. ever. There was so little to do at work, it was a bit ridiculous. I took advantage of that, and may have read more than a few blogs that I’m insanely behind on 😳 What? At least I didn’t waste all that free time!

I started off this sunny, hot morning with a smoothie. I thought I should give the Vega Smoothie Infusion another chance.

Into the blender went:

• 1 banana
  • few fresh raspberries
  • frozen blueberries
  • 3 ice cubes
  • 1 pkg Vega Smoothie Infusion
  • unsweetened almond milk

Man, those ice cubes make alot of noise whizzing around in there! Hope I didn’t annoy anyone in the house too much while I blended up this purple beast.

I paired my glass of purple with a slice of Silver Hills “The Big 16” Bread toasted and slathered with peanut butter.

Okay, so I think the damn smoothie powder is growing on me. The first sip is still grassy tasting though, but I find the more you drink, the more you get into the other flavours. It probably helped that this smoothie is such a wicked awesome shade of purple 😉 Made for good bike to work fuel, that’s for sure. Especially since I basically inhaled breakfast and was out the door 10 min later.

So I’m sure none of you will be shocked with my lunch – leftover veggie curry!

With a pappadam of course, broken up to fit in the container.

I had the usual curry accompaniments – mango chutney and yogurt, as well as a kiwi.

I’ve decided that butternut squash doesn’t reheat well in curry. They all got kinda mushy, and I ended up eating around most of the squash. Today I wished there were potatoes in there. Oh well. I’ll just have to make curry again!

My bike ride home was rather warm, but I always know I have a nice cool basement suite to come home to. It sucks in the winter, but it’s a blessing in the summer, that’s for sure!

So now, dear readers, I need your infinite wisdom. I’m going to a “make you own pizza” dinner party (I know, we’re soooo classy) tomorrow night, and we each need to bring a pizza topping. I want to bring something fun! I know there will be your usual suspects – mozza, sauce, pepperoni, etc. What pizza topping would you bring?

And I need to make a dessert. It has to be nut free though – apparently there is someone coming with a nut allergy. I don’t really know what I feel like making, and what would go well with a pizza party. I did consider a dessert pizza, just to be cheeky 😉 What would your ultimate pizza party dessert be?

Suggestions – GO! 😀

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch, questions

9 Comments on “Hello Weekend!”

1. plentifulplants
    July 3, 2009 at 7:07 pm #

For the pizza topping, how about mandarin oranges? Kinda pineapple-esque, but different enough to be really fun. Or marinated artichoke hearts!

2. July 3, 2009 at 8:08 pm #

I would bring a slightly exotic type of mushrooms. Like shitakes or cremini, just to be a bit different. Of course, pesto + goat cheese is an amazing combo too.

For dessert. I’d do a simple tray of dark chocolate. 70% cocao or more. And just simple squares of choco. That’s what I crave after pizza.

3. July 3, 2009 at 8:32 pm #

I LOVE the purple color of the smoothie!!!

4. broccolihut
    July 3, 2009 at 9:17 pm #

I’ve found the same thing with some protein powders–the first sip is a bit “green” tasting, but then the flavor grows on me as I sip away.
    I would probably bring really non-traditional toppings like tofu or chickpeas. Creative pizzas are way more fun.
    As for dessert, I think a fruit pizza would be fun! One of my friends makes them occasionally for “girls’ nights” and there are NEVER any leftovers!

5. July 3, 2009 at 10:36 pm #

my pizza topping would be basil, green bell peppers, and fresh tomatoes…..i also love mushrooms and red onions!!! 🙂

YOUR CURRY MAKES ME HUNGRYYYYYYYYYYY

6. Hannah
    July 3, 2009 at 11:49 pm #

When I make my own pizza I’ve found these combination to be pretty good.

Santa Fe Pizza
    -BBQ Sauce
    -Cheese
    -Chicken
    -Jalapeno Peppers
    -Red Bell Pepper
    -Red Onion

BBQ Pineapple Chicken Pizza
    -BBQ Sauce
    -Cheese
    -Chicken
    -Pineapple
    -Sweet Onion

7. July 4, 2009 at 7:08 am #

Even though I’m late I have to throw my $.02 in – I love me some pineapple on pizza! YUM!!

Dessert pizza is fun!! I vote for that 😉

8. July 4, 2009 at 10:16 am #

Great purple smoothie!

I like to use pesto in place of sauce on my pizza. How about an nice fruit salad for dessert?

9. July 4, 2009 at 10:34 am #

I love pineapple on pizza! Ricotta cheese is also amazing, as are toasted pine nuts. There isa place near me that offers cactus if you can find that 😛