Oh Camera, Come Back To Me

So I’ve got the official word on my wonderful camera – there is a secondary mirror that is broken inside, and it will cost $160 to repair. I can deal with that, because it’s definitely cheaper than buying a new SLR! But the bad news is…I won’t get my baby back for 2-3 weeks. Boo-urns! Fortunately, my mom is coming to visit me this week, and she agreed to bring her camera over and leave it here with me so I’m not the camera-less blogger for that long!

I do have some pictures for you from Sunday night, before the incident. Let’s take a look, shall we?

After all that sun & food at the Organic Islands Festival, I had salad on the brain. I just wanted something light and tasty for dinner, so that’s what I made.

I tossed a bed of red leaf lettuce in some olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic, then layered on the shredded carrot, cucumber, red pepper, marinated artichoke hearts, and some sliced almonds.

On the side, I made a little slice of garlic toast on my onion & rye bread.

Fresh & fun – perfect on a hot sunny day 🙂

Although I kept thinking a little feta would have made this perfect, it was still completely satisfying. I did go back and make a second garlic toast, because it was just so good!

Later on that evening, I put my baking hat on to try out a recipe from Eat, Drink & Be VeganSpelt Zucchini Muffins. Doesn’t that just scream healthy? HA!

This recipe was a snap to throw together, and made a dozen decent sized muffins. Plus it made my house smell a-mazing! Then I had one for a snack. I would show you a close up, but that’s where my camera died 😦

I have no eats from Monday, and trust me, you didn’t miss much. I was in such a pissy mood because of my camera woes, that I just didn’t feel like anything interesting. But stay tuned – I had a special dinner date this evening, that I will be bringing you tomorrow. I know what you are thinking, “Marianne, you have no camera, how do you have pictures?” When I got confirmation said date was going to happen (at midnight on Monday), I frantically texted a coworker to get her to lend me her little camera for the evening. What can I say, I couldn’t let the evening go undocumented, and the camera on my Crackberry just wasn’t going to cut it.

For now, I shall leave you in suspense. I’m such a tease 😉 Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Baking, Books/Cookbooks, Dinner

11 Comments on “Oh Camera, Come Back To Me”

1. July 8, 2009 at 4:06 am #

I hate that about your camera for you! SO frustrating! HUGS!!!

I need to make those muffins, I have that cookbook!!! Thanks!!! 😀

2. July 8, 2009 at 5:12 am #

What a beautiful salad! Haha, and the garlic bread looked like pork at first, for some reason!! Either way, it looks thick, oily, garlicy, and most delicious!

3. July 8, 2009 at 5:43 am #

I gotta stop reading your blog when I’m even remotely hungry… your pics are amazing! HOORAY that they can fix your camera!

4. July 8, 2009 at 6:05 am #

ah sorry about your cam! omg im in love with zucchini muffins/bread, and those look/sound AMAZING!

5. July 8, 2009 at 6:20 am #

Can’t wait to hear all bout your dinner date!!! 🙂

You garlic toast is perfectly, well….toasted!

Lovely muffins. I’ve got a lot of zucchini growing in my garden so I’ll be doing some muffins soon, too!

6. July 8, 2009 at 7:21 am #

That salad and garlic toast combo looks AMAZING!

Ooooh, special dinner date?! I can’t wait to hear about it 😀

7. JB
    July 8, 2009 at 8:43 am #

i just got eat, drink & be vegan yesterday and i saw the recipe for the zucchini spelt muffins in there! they look fabulous. i want to bake a batch! i love when yummy things in the oven make the house smell amazing. yours look beautiful! 🙂

-JB

8. July 8, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

Ok, so $160 isn’t too bad! Um, spill the beans already about the dinner date!

LOL. C’mon!

9. July 8, 2009 at 5:07 pm #

Poor camera – here’s hoping it takes less time than they anticipate!!!

10. July 8, 2009 at 6:27 pm #

i’m sorry about your camera! at least it’s not completely destroyed and have to buy a new one!

i seriously need to get my hands on that cookbook…those muffins look amazing!

11. broccolihut
    July 8, 2009 at 9:22 pm #

Yet another ED&BV recipe that seems to have escaped my attention! Those muffins look amazing.