Registered…Mostly

Well, the registration process this morning took all of…5 min maybe? I guess I had it all prepared pretty well before hand, so all I had to do was click a few buttons, and I was done. The only problem being – one of the classes I need to take is full. I’m not really sure what to do about it. There are certain classes you can defer until after you are in the Dietetics program, but this isn’t one of them. I will be really peeved if I can’t apply to the program because of one first year biology course (which, I think I shouldn’t have to even take, since I already have a BSc in Biology). Le sigh. And there are no wait lists. So I get to check back every min/day/hour to see if a spot opens up. And then start begging to get into the class or get the requirement waived come September.

In case you are interested – these are the classes I’m taking:

• Introductory Psychology
  • Land, Food, and Community
  • Exploring Our Food
  • Principles of Biochemistry

Sounds thrilling, no?

So, onto breakfast! 😀

I decided to dig into some leftover baked French toast for breakfast. French toast seems like a good breakfast for a day off work, even if I didn’t actually have to make it from scratch this morning 😉

I topped my French toast with a drizzle of peanut butter & maple syrup. Extreme close up is totally warranted.

On the side, I had half of a ruby red grapefruit.

Rounded out with a glass of Happy Planet Mango Peach Party.

Too bad the grapefruit tasted horrible! That’ll teach me to buy grapefruit in July – they are obviously sketchy. Oh well, at least I only bought one. Throwing that out won’t hurt the wallet that much.

I think I’m going to have a jam packed day off work today – I have a to do list a mile long, so let’s see what all I get accomplished. Later!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

9 Comments on “Registered…Mostly”

1. JB
    July 16, 2009 at 9:36 am #

that french toast looks even better the second time. that close up is DEFINITELY warranted. i think your classes sound pretty interesting, by the way. except biochemistry. that sounds scary. hope you get a lot accomplished on your day off! happy thursday! 🙂

-JB

2. July 16, 2009 at 9:44 am #

I’m not sure how it works with your school but sometimes you can show up on the first day and if people don’t come, you can add the class then and there. Make sure you bring proper documentation with you though (we call it a drop/add slip) so the teacher can fill it out then and there. Otherwise I’d try talking to your councilor because they can override the system in some cases.

3. July 16, 2009 at 10:26 am #

I hope you can get into that class in the end! Get there early on the first day to see if you can crash the class! I did that for more classes than I can remember!

and that french toast def warranted a close up…I want to eat it off the screen.

4. July 16, 2009 at 11:13 am #

Bugger about that one course! You must be SO excited, though!

5. July 16, 2009 at 11:42 am #

Oh, I think the the Land, Food, Community course sounds really cool! Be sure to update us on what it’s like. Boo on the gross grapefruit.

6. July 16, 2009 at 12:08 pm #

They can maybe sneak you in…bug an advisor and explain your situation! It has worked for some people before.

7. July 16, 2009 at 4:55 pm #

I hated not getting into classes I needed. I wish you luck and hope a spot opens up soon.

That french toast looks amazing!!

8. broccolihut
    July 16, 2009 at 9:24 pm #

Is it weird that I DO think those classes sound interesting?
    That baked French toast looks amazing!

9. July 16, 2009 at 10:40 pm #

Intro to psychology = fabulous.
    Biochemistry? EWW!!!