Enough With The Sour Cream

I’ve slowly but surely been getting through random tasks today. It’s nice to have a leisurely Sunday. I remembered that I had been invited to a dinner tonight, but my friend called to cancel, which was perfect, because I wasn’t really in the mood to head out for it.

Once I got home from the grocery store, I threw together one gigantic Tex Mex salad.

• bed of red leaf lettuce
  • chicken
  • black beans (cooked by me!)
  • corn
  • cucumber
  • cheddar cheese
  • salsa
  • sour cream (again!)
  • crumbled tostadas
  • squeeze of lime juice

I wish I had some nicer bowls to serve giant salads in. Alas, you get a glass mixing bowl.

I managed to spill salad on my freshly washed pants. Argh. I am the worst for spilling on myself when I eat. My sister always jokes that I need a bib.

Although the salad completely hit the spot, I was craving a little something sweet afterwards. A Kashi Dark Chocolate Coconut granola bar did the trick.

Now it’s time to digest a little so I can go play at the gym. Perhaps I’ll do my digesting on the couch with Dr Mario…after I do the dishes in my sink 😉

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Lunch

6 Comments on “Enough With The Sour Cream”

1. July 19, 2009 at 4:35 pm #

Yum, what a great looking salad! Sometimes I really enjoy relaxing at home and throwing together a fantastic, yet simple meal for myself, it’s fun! The Kashi bar looks great too, I don’t think I’ve seen that kind.

Have a great night!

2. July 19, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

YUMMY salad!!!!!!!! no worries on the bow 😉
    I love those bars too!

3. July 19, 2009 at 6:16 pm #

What a great salad! I plan on grabbing some of those Kashi bars when I go to Buffalo next week! 😉

4. Nicole
    July 19, 2009 at 6:21 pm #

Yum! That salad looks terrific. Black beans make meals 23954293 times better to me!

5. July 19, 2009 at 10:18 pm #

Wait! You actually made the beans? No one does that anymore! Look at you!

6. July 20, 2009 at 6:03 am #

That Tex Mex salad looks bueno!! Oopsie to the spill! One of my friends has a shirt that says, ‘My other shirt has ketchup on it,’ you should get that 😉