3 AM Wake Up Call

Someone (glares at cat) thought it would be a good idea to chase a bug around my bedroom at 3 am this morning, knocking things off my bedside table in the process, and waking me up. Not cool. Scared the crap out of me as well! As you can guess, I didn’t get the best sleep, and probably slept in a little later than planned this morning.

As I was running a little behind, I was faced with the breakfast dilemma – instant gratification via cold cereal, or go with the oats I had planned?

Oatmeal won out. Hey, what do I care if I’m a little late for work – I already quit!

• 1/2 cup oats, milk, water
  • 1 banana, thinly sliced
  • splash of coconut extract
  • 1 tbsp flax seed
  • peanut butter
  • creamy coconut spread

Krista used the last of her creamy coconut spread recently, and it reminded me that I still had some in my fridge. As I’m on a mission to clean out as many jars of stuff as possible before I move, this obviously made the top of the list to use up first.

And you better believe it was served up with a glass of the MPP (yeah you know me!)

I even went back for seconds on the juice. So out of character, but what can I say, I was really feelin’ the juice this morning.

No riding to work for me today – I need to take a day off between rides, as my knees have been acting up. Plus Tuesdays & Thursdays are the days that the liquor store gets in there shipments. No, I’m not an alcoholic. Shipments = free boxes for packing!

Off to finish making lunch – later gators

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

11 Comments on “3 AM Wake Up Call”

1. July 21, 2009 at 8:23 am #

Oh Sienna – she needs to sleep in 😉

Hope your knee gets better!!

2. July 21, 2009 at 8:36 am #

I already miss the coconut spread! Good luck on using up all your jars! Can’t wait to see how creative you get with the stuff…;)

3. July 21, 2009 at 8:44 am #

HAHAH – love the liquor store comment! Gotta get those free boxes!! The brat isn’t allowed to sleep in my room for that same reason. Boo to 3AM!

4. July 21, 2009 at 9:07 am #

Can you send some spread my way? Just found your blog and would love it if you checked out mine….I’d like to know what nourishes you most.

5. July 21, 2009 at 9:26 am #

Silly cat!!!!!! my doggies do similar stuff!

Yummy oats, where do you get that coconut spread?

6. JB
    July 21, 2009 at 10:01 am #

mmmm, oatmeal is my favorite. yummy! and trust me, i know ALL about a cat being annoying. mine is insane sometimes. have a good tuesday!

-JB

7. July 21, 2009 at 10:32 am #

I had that SAME dilemma this morning–of course, oatmeal won, and I’m glad it did 🙂

My cat does the craziest stuff that wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes…think tearing up random paper around my room, ugh.

8. July 21, 2009 at 11:28 am #

wow I feel like I’ve missed so much!!! Sorry for the MIAness, but momma’s visiting and she’s always #1.

You’ve definitely made me want oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow. It’s been so hot lately that I’ve just gone with simply, cold, mixed cereal. You know it! 😉

9. July 21, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

I haven’t had oatmeal in far too long. Your mouthwatering picture has me craving it now!

Sorry about the lack of sleep – darn kitties! Gotta love ’em though. And I’m sorry that I’m behind, but I gotta go back through and figure out more about this job/move change! Congrats? Good luck? I need to get the scoop 🙂

10. July 21, 2009 at 3:39 pm #

My cats are insane like that too. That’s why they sleep in the downstairs bathroom (where they have slept since babies).

11. July 21, 2009 at 7:01 pm #

hahaha. the naughty by nature reference was golden.