More Boxes

My house is starting to fill up with all the boxes I’m collecting to use for packing. I scored another 8 when I stopped into the liquor store today. Seriously, my dining table is now completely useless. I’m not really sure where I’m going to keep putting them, and yet, I know I need alot more!

Work was another busy one, as expected. I also had a meeting with out HR manager, and I think everything is sorted out for me to leave on August 7th. Tomorrow is the big reveal day, which should be…interesting. I’m sure I’ll be fielding many a question once the email goes out.

I seem to have a large amount of lettuce in my fridge, so I figured a salad was in order for lunch.

Container 1 – Base. Lots of red leaf lettuce.

Container 2 – Toppings! Black beans, corn, cucumber, avocado, cottage cheese, wedge of lime.

Containers 3 & 4tostadas (for crumbling) and salsa.

Container 5 – a whole whack of green grapes (not for the salad).

Lunch was looking pretty green today.

I thought I’d try out cottage cheese on my Tex-Mex salad instead of cheddar cheese and sour cream. It was an acceptable substitute, but I think I might like the cheddar/sour cream better. The avocado I cut up today though was AMAZING. Seriously, best tasting avocado ever. I’m definitely eating more of it tomorrow – I already have lunch planned

Now I need to go get the cat to stop climbing the box mountain in my kitchen. I can only see bad things coming of this!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Lunch

8 Comments on “More Boxes”

1. Nicole
    July 21, 2009 at 6:41 pm #

The liquor store is definitely the best place to get boxes!! My family owns a couple and I work there at times and when people don’t come in to get them, it’s my job to break them all down for recycling. It’s awful!!!

2. July 21, 2009 at 6:52 pm #

Haha, my cats always find a new box or bag in the house within minutes! I always say that it’s their house and we just happen to live here too.

Lunch looks yummy, I always get SO bored when it comes to salads. All your toppings look really good though! Love avocado…I just ate 3/4 of one with my dinner.

3. July 21, 2009 at 7:40 pm #

I love how organized you are. I am so jealous!

4. broccolihut
    July 21, 2009 at 9:28 pm #

Today must have been the day for black bean/corn/avocado salads–I’ve seen several bloggers (including myself) with eerily similar lunches!

5. Hannah
    July 21, 2009 at 10:34 pm #

I just bought some avocado as it has been awhile since I’ve had one.

My only dilemma is I can’t use it all at once. How do you save leftover avocado?

6. July 22, 2009 at 6:01 am #

Ahhh…Sienna must feel like she has a lot of exploring to do! Hopefully she doesn’t knock the stack down in the middle of the night!

Great salad toppings! 😉

7. July 22, 2009 at 7:33 am #

What a great taco-ish salad!! Full of crunch – my favorite 🙂

Suuuuuure you stocked up on boxes at the liquor store!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Keen For Green « from french fries to flax seeds - July 21, 2009

[…] For Green 21 07 2009 Dinner ended up being unintentionally green, to go along with my very green lunch. But it was intentionally […]