Heat Wave

If only we had those cooling waves at work! Sure, we’re on the water, but there is little to no breeze, so it’s just hot hot hot! Despite that, my bike rides to and from work weren’t too bad.

And boy was I glad to have a cool lunch to turn to at work.

As I’m sure you’ve guessed, I brought pasta salad, to which I added little shrimps and sheep’s milk feta (same as last night).

Some refreshing green grapes.

Cool and creamy plain yogurt, mixed with lemon curd, flax seed, and coconut.

A great summer lunch.

Something exciting happened today – I received an offer for a volunteer position at the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics! Even better – I would be working at the hockey venue! Woot! I have 4 weeks to accept the position. I’m going to wait, because I want to see if I hear back about the auditions for the Opening/Closing Ceremonies. If I get into that, I would probably take that over my volunteer position. But at least I know I’ll be involved in some capacity for sure. So excited!

I think I’m going to wait on making dinner – it’s just too damn hot to think about it right now. Or perhaps I should just have ice cream for dinner. I guess you’ll just have to wait and see.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Lunch

9 Comments on “Heat Wave”

1. July 27, 2009 at 6:31 pm #

CONGRATULATIONS on the offer!!

2. plentifulplants
    July 27, 2009 at 6:33 pm #

Congratulations! It will be awesome to be a part of the Olympics!

And I have the feeling Ontario and BC have switched climates, we usually get heat waves, and don’t you guys usually have mild, rainy weather?

3. July 27, 2009 at 7:03 pm #

Oh hon, that is so supa dupa exciting about the Olympics volunteer position!! I totally think you should do it. Woot!

4. July 27, 2009 at 7:10 pm #

great job! so glad to hear you’ll be partaking in the olympics one way or another! exciting!

and def go for ice cream for dinner. sounds AWESomE.

5. July 27, 2009 at 7:16 pm #

Do you have a recipe for the salad? It looks like a great lunch.

6. July 27, 2009 at 7:36 pm #

Wow….exciting. Congrats.

7. broccolihut
    July 27, 2009 at 9:23 pm #

I’ve never tried any sheep’s milks products. How do they taste different from cow’s milk cheese, etc?
    Congrats on the amazing offer! Keep us updated.

8. July 28, 2009 at 6:37 am #

Are your grapes frozen? I haven’t had frozen grapes in forever!

9. July 28, 2009 at 6:54 am #

YAY for the offer!! You’re going to have a blast! I can’t wait to hear about it 🙂