I’m referring to the temperature today – 32 freakin’ degrees Celsius. 30 if you are by the water. There is no wind, just heat. I may be melting. I even had to turn on the AC in the car, because rolling down the windows just let a hot breeze in while driving. This can end any time now…except that it’s not going to. Actually, they are saying it might go down to a cool 28 on Thursday.

I think until the heat dies off, I’m going to stop posting in the morning – mostly because I don’t want to be turning the computer on in the morning, and leaving it on all day like I usually do. It seems unhappy with the heat when I do so.

My breakfast this morning was a great choice for this hot day – muesli.

I mixed 1/2 cup muesli with 1/2 cup milk last night, then this morning added a few spoonfuls of yogurt, 1 tbsp Ruth’s Chia Goodness, raspberries, macadamia nut butter, and the star of the show – a perfectly ripe white nectarine.

With a glass of Happy Planet Mango Peach Party, which I managed to spill all over myself while drinking it. Classy.

I love nectarines. And fresh raspberries. I wish they were in season all year long here. Yum!

Lunch was another selection of cool eats.

Pasta salad. I know, you are shocked. I went creamy-style and added a little mayo along with my shrimp and feta.

Green grapes and honeydew melon.

And a Peanut Butter Chocolate Luna Cookie – courtesy of K.

I think the heat must be affecting my appetite, or breakfast was uber filling, because I was so full after that pasta salad. And really, it’s the same size container as yesterday. Damn you summer!

The Luna cookie was basically the same thing as those Clif Z-bars, no? Just split in half. Tasted good, but I probably wouldn’t run out to buy them. Oh wait, I can’t anyways – they don’t sell them here!

One of my coworkers want to take a ride in the G-Ride (aka my car) to the local supermarket – it’s a nostalgia thing. Somehow this ended up in my hands.

Hello Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate M&M’s. I have no clue how these got here…they must have followed me home. Sadly, it’s too hot, so I’m disinterested in chocolate right now. So wrong!

I think I’m going to go lay on the couch think of something light and cool for dinner. Later peeps

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch

9 Comments on “32”

1. July 28, 2009 at 6:30 pm #

Delicious breakfast!! And those M&M’s sound dangerous! Sorry it’s too hot to enjoy!

2. July 28, 2009 at 7:08 pm #

Oh I would die for some peanut butter dark chocolate M and Ms! I saw peanut butter strawberries at the store the other day…can you say GROSS?!?!

Ok, I am gonna sound stupid here but 32 degree celcius= 100 degrees F? RIGHT?! That’s HOT!

3. July 28, 2009 at 7:29 pm #

Wow, send some of the heat my way. We haven’t had any basically all summer!

At first I thought that was melted cheese over top of the muesli haha. It looks SO so good though. WHY do I not make muesli for breakfast more often?!

M&Ms….. Mmmmmmmm.

4. July 28, 2009 at 7:56 pm #

I don’t think I’m ever not in the mood for chocolate! I hear they have coconut M&M’s out now! Looked for them in Buffalo today, but no luck. Your breakfast looks just awesome…

5. ana
    July 28, 2009 at 8:30 pm #

Wow that muesli looks sooo good! I can’t wait to try it 🙂

The weather it’s crazy I live in the desert of Mexico and yesterday it was 42°C at 8:00 pm that is insane

6. broccolihut
    July 28, 2009 at 9:39 pm #

VeggieGirl would totally be drooling over that bag of M&Ms–it seems we all have a fondness for the PB candy-coated chocolates…

7. July 28, 2009 at 10:18 pm #

most awesome mix of mm’s ever.

and i’ll take your heat. it’s not hot enough here in socali…75? come on…it’s almost august!!!

8. July 29, 2009 at 5:44 am #

The Luna cookie = Z bar! Definitely BUT I thought it would be funsies for you to try 🙂

PB and dark chocolate M&Ms? Did you see they now have coconut M&Ms? It made me think of you!

9. July 29, 2009 at 7:00 am #

That macnut icing looks like heaven!!