The Countdowns Continue

What countdown are we featuring this morning? Why, the 2 week countdown to the big 3-0! Or as some of my friends call it, the Dirty Thirty. If only it was going to be a dirty thirty…alas, being single and all, I think it will just be the Thirty. Le sigh.

So now that we’ve gotten completely off topic, let’s check out some food. And yes, I know I said I wasn’t going to post in the mornings, but I was up early, and felt like it. It’s my blog and I’ll do what I want to!

It’s still hot out there (duh). In fact, they are saying we will probably go up to 33 C today. In keeping with the theme of cool eats, I went with a smoothie.

It was my last package of the Vega Smoothie Infusion, and I can’t really say I’m sad to see them gone. It would be great if I did love them, because I’m all about supporting BC companies, but it’s just not my thing.

I had an ED&BV Spelt Zucchini Muffin on the side, with some of that glorious macadamia nut butter.

Because I am obviously a glutton for punishment – I’m going to ride to work today. Not only that, but we are moving some boxes to our archives this morning. And I have Boot Camp tonight. This heat must be affecting my brain! Off to make lunch and hit the road. Hopefully not literally.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

9 Comments on “The Countdowns Continue”

1. JB
    July 29, 2009 at 8:23 am #

every time i see you use that macadamia nut butter it looks soooo good. i really want to buy some! have a great day! sounds busy. 🙂

2. July 29, 2009 at 8:27 am #

I think it’s great that you’ve been riding your bike to work. If I didn’t have kids to drop off and pick up, I’d be riding, too. Especially seeing as I only live a few blocks from work!

3. July 29, 2009 at 9:53 am #

Uh oh – good luck with boot camp in the heat!! Stay hydrated today 🙂

4. July 29, 2009 at 10:23 am #

Being single, I think turning the Dirty Thirty would be even more fun! haha

5. Katharina
    July 29, 2009 at 10:27 am #

Heyy! I’m Katharina, stumbled upon your blog from Yasmin’s site.

Aaaanyway, I just have to comment about those muffins and the macadamia nut butter. WOWWW!

You should totally do up your birthday Sex and the City style. Go out, dress to impress (yourself!) and enjoy some good cocktails with your best girls.

6. July 29, 2009 at 12:46 pm #

Well good for you for being at least somewhat positive about the “dirty thirty”. My bf turned thirty in January and he complained about if for a year prior, soooo annoying!

The smoothie looks great, and macadamia butter?? That’s a new one for me! I’ll have to check it out. Have a good one!

7. July 29, 2009 at 8:26 pm #

Ack, I don’t know what 33C is? I know that 16C = 61F. That’s about it, lol. I do know you guys are getting a fierce heat wave up there. So be careful and stay hydrated.

And girlfriend. 30 has been the BEST year so far. I adore it. I’m very happy to leave my 20s behind. Just sayin…the best is yet to come.

8. broccolihut
    July 29, 2009 at 9:10 pm #

Mmm that macadamia butter looks like heavenly icing!
    Happy early 30th:)

9. July 29, 2009 at 9:37 pm #

i should give you one of my giant zucchinis (from the garden) to do some baking with….though I’d probably require you to send me some of whatever you created!!! 🙂