Sleep? What’s That?

Ugh. I could not fall asleep last night. I don’t know if it was too warm in my house, if my brain was too occupied with something, or what, but I was just lying there in bed, wishing I could sleep. It didn’t help that the cat had ants in her pants too, and was wandering around, getting into things. And then, I woke up super early this morning, and it was too hot in here to fall back asleep. I can only see one sleepy Marianne at work today. Good thing it’s Friday!

And our summer weather seems to have finally sorted itself out – it’s actually cooler outside than it is inside this morning. It will definitely be a good day to ride the ol’ bike to work.

I got some muesli ready last night, so breakfast would be an easy one today.

• 1/2 cup muesli, milk
  • few scoops of yogurt
  • 1 banana, sliced/mashed
  • 1 tbsp Ruth’s Chia Goodness cereal
  • 1 tbsp+ coconut
  • peanut butter
  • creamy coconut spread

I decided to stick with the DLSR for photos this morning. I’m torn over which camera to use now – I don’t want either to feel neglected!

It was a mug kinda morning – muesli in a mug, and Happy Planet Mango Peach Party in a mug.

So I’ve been working on cleaning up my hard drive on my computer, and realized that I have over 5GB of food photos from blogging. That seems like alot of space just for food photos. What do all you bloggers do with your photos? Do you keep them? Store them on a disc? On a removable hard drive? Toss them when you are done with them? I have a hard time just parting with photos, because there’s always that “what if” I need it again. But I’d also like to clean up the hard drive, and get my computer working a little better than it has been lately.

Okay, time to make the lunch and head out the door.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

8 Comments on “Sleep? What’s That?”

1. Nicole
    July 31, 2009 at 8:38 am #

I’m curious to see what other bloggers do! I just keep them around in case I ever need them again AAAND I upload them to flickr. I waste so much computer space!

2. July 31, 2009 at 8:40 am #

I couldn’t sleep either last night – it was ROUGH! I end up deleting the pictures. If I need them ‘just in case’ I go back through my blog and find a similar picture.

3. umbcinsightsweekly
    July 31, 2009 at 9:17 am #

I save them all in folders. It’s ridiculous. And than after a couple months, I do a big clean and just keep one from each day.

4. foodnfit
    July 31, 2009 at 10:23 am #

Mmmm that breakfast looks yummy!

5. July 31, 2009 at 1:35 pm #

I save my photos in “iphotos” on my computer. I should probably start deleting some, but the food pics are good to have so I can re-use them if need be. Plus I might use them to create a business website sometime!

6. July 31, 2009 at 1:38 pm #

I delete most of my photos after I post them.

Sorry you had a rough nite hon. Hopefully tonight brings you sleep!

7. July 31, 2009 at 6:42 pm #

I delete all food related picture’s as soon as I know my post has uploaded. I figure that I won’t need them again….

Glad to hear the weather is more to your liking. Ours has turned around too, for the time being!

8. broccolihut
    July 31, 2009 at 9:31 pm #

I’m with Krista–I trash my pics as soon as the post is uploaded. I do save the “product shots” aka ones of food packaging for future use in product reviews though.