Basic Is Best

While I was eating my lunch at work today, I knew exactly what I wanted for dinner – a really simple, fresh sandwich. I considered picking one up from a sandwich shop, but wasn’t in the mood for anything that I could think of. So I walked up to the grocery store, picked up some essentials, then came home to make my super simple supper.

On a fresh, doughy whole wheat kasier, I layered oven roasted turkey, black forest ham, roasted garlic havarti (so awesome), local red leaf lettuce, and mustard to create this masterpiece.

On the side, I thought about cutting up some fresh veggies, but really, I just wanted some good ol’ potato chips. I picked up a bag of Yogurt & Green Onion Kettle Chips, which are probably my favourite flavour.

Check out the crispness of those images – I’m loving this new camera. I guess 12 megapixels trumps 6 megapixels, even when it’s point & shoot vs DSLR.

As much as I could have created a dinner out of items already in my kitchen, I knew it wasn’t going to satisfy me. This was totally worth the walk up to the grocery store.

I lazed around for the rest of the evening watching tv, playing on the interweb, until it was time to pick up the sister from the ferry. Then we sat here watching episode after episode of Say Yes To The Dress on TLC. I also fixed myself a little snack.

A small bowl of Kashi GoLean Crunch with craisins, chocolate chips, and a few little TJ’s Mini Vanilla Meringues. Those meringues in milk – OMG, they taste like those dried out marshmallows you would get in kids cereals! And it made the milk a nice vanilla flavour.

Well, I should end this here, as my computer is in the living room where my sister will be sleeping, and I think she wants to head to bed ASAP. I shall leave you with a picture of Sienna.

sienna 3309

Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dessert, Dinner, Sienna

6 Comments on “Basic Is Best”

1. August 1, 2009 at 2:20 am #

Roasted garlic havarti! Yum Yum!! I love the idea of meringues in your cereal I always did love those little hard marshmallows in the lucky charms box. I used to pick them out and eat them on their own.

2. August 1, 2009 at 5:44 am #

Oh yeah, perfect sandwich! I am a huge fan of using buns instead of bread, especially soft buns (and whole what of course!). The flavor of chips sounds great too, I’ve anything onion or garlic!

Have a great day.

3. foodforfuel
    August 1, 2009 at 5:47 am #

sometimes sandwiches are the best– so simple and filling and versatile 🙂 Sienna is so adorable!!

4. August 1, 2009 at 6:10 am #

Great looking sandwich! The perfect summer meal. I’ve seen those chips around buthaven’t tried them. I think it’shigh time I bought a bag.

Have a blast with your sister this weekend!

5. August 1, 2009 at 3:21 pm #

Yep indeed, that is one beautiful sandwich for dinner! I am in love with that bread, of course, since I’m a bread ho. 😉

Happy Saturday hon!

6. broccolihut
    August 1, 2009 at 9:05 pm #

Your pics are way crisp! I am a little jealous! I think my camera’s battery is fading, so my pics are kinda crappy right now. However, I discovered my dad’s camera that he never uses, and I am quite delighted with its precision…
    I want some mini meringues now!