The Final Countdown

In just a few hours, my last day of work will come to an end, I’ll pack up my things, and say goodbye. It’s both a happy day and a sad day – I’ll miss my work peeps!

I had the worst sleep last night, mostly due to the fact that I didn’t sleep. I guess my brain just kept thinking about today, because it would not shut off. I also must have slept funny, as I have a horrible pain in my neck. Argh. But I’ll stop being Miss Complainer, and show you breakfast.

Warning – I was in the mood for bland and boring this morning. I think it’s my body’s way of counteracting last night’s fun.

food2 085

A monochrome bowl of cereal – Kashi GoLean Crunch, kamut puffs, rice puffs.

food2 084

food2 086

With a mug full of homemade blueberry herbal iced tea. Although it is tasty, it’s just not the same as the MPP.

food2 083

I seriously can’t believe it’s my final day at work. You always know the day will come someday, but when it does…it’s just such an odd mix of emotions. But I know it’s the right thing to do, and good things will come of it. My big dilemma now is – do I wear mascara and risk looking like Alice Cooper if I get a little teary eyed? I know, talk about a tough decision! Time to go pack up my last work lunch, and head out out the door. Enjoy your Friday everyone 🙂

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast

7 Comments on “The Final Countdown”

1. August 7, 2009 at 9:01 am #

awww well, congratulations on the last day, I’m sure it’s exciting AND bittersweet at the same time, but DEFINITELY something to be happy about!! Yay for you marianne! Oh, and your bowl of cereal is literally my IDEAL bowl of cereal. *sigh* I just had a bowl for breakfast and now i want some again….i could eat that combo 3 times a day!!!

2. August 7, 2009 at 9:34 am #

Enjoy and have a celebratory glass of MPP when you’re done 😀

3. August 7, 2009 at 12:09 pm #

Have an awesomely awesome last day! Let the tears a flow, but let them be plenty of happy tears. Have FUN!

4. August 7, 2009 at 1:28 pm #

Waterproof mascara is what I wear to weddings and funerals, it never fails me! Keep smiling, and enjoy your last day. Now you’re moving on to bigger and better things!

5. August 7, 2009 at 7:54 pm #

Oh my love! What an emotional day. I hope you enjoy it. Muahs!

6. musketnuss
    August 8, 2009 at 3:13 am #

Hi!
    I stumbled across your blog and I just wanted to say that I really like your photos! What especially catched my eye: I love your breakfast spoon! It looks so… I don’t know. Just special.
    By the way, the fancy bag in your last entry is really really beautiful, I love patterns like that. And without doubt, I would have tried the “Ooh La La” cupcake.
    Have fun,
    bye!

7. August 8, 2009 at 6:36 am #

Awww the last day is so bittersweet!!