Droopy Eyed

That would be me all day. It seems like I just can’t get rested, even though I feel like I’m sleeping well at night. I think it’s because little miss Sienna wakes me up without fail, between 5 and 6 am every morning, so I’ll take her downstairs to eat. If only she would get along with my parents’ cats, I would have to keep her locked up in my room at night. One day hopefully!

Needless to say, it was a lazy one today, with a couple of short naps thrown in. I even started it off with some lazy day food – oatmeal.

food2 284

food2 287 food2 288

With an Aussie mug full of cranberry juice.

food2 283

I even sat outside and enjoyed my oats with the newspaper. How much do I enjoy having a newspaper to flip through again? It’s something I would probably never subscribe to myself, but it’s quite nice to be able to read with your breakfast.

My mom and I were on an organizing mission, and stored away alot of my things that I won’t be needing while I’m here. And yet, it still seems like we have a ton of boxes yet to find a home in the garage. The goal is to get the car back in the garage this week, so here’s hoping I get enough motivation to make that happen.

After a quick power nap, I made a little lunch.

food2 290

I made a sandwich of turkey, sharp aged white cheddar, mustard, dill pickle relish, and a little mayo on some Silver Hills “The Big 16” bread. I only have a few slices left, so I’ll have to add that to the list of things I need to buy so I don’t go crazy living here.

food2 291

My dad was enjoying a popsicle while I was having my lunch, and it looked like a great idea, since it was quite hot here today. I found myself an orange one 😀

food2 293

I’m not even really sure what I did the rest of the afternoon. Played around on the internet, worked on my resume (girl needs a job), refereed the cats. Eventually dinner was grilled up and ready to eat.

Hamburgers were on the menu tonight – mine is topped with cheese (yes, it’s the plastic stuff), lettuce, onions, pickles, mustard, and ketchup.

food2 298

With half a grilled corn on the cob – buttered & peppered of course.

food2 297

And some pasta salad that mom whipped up this afternoon – I think it contains whole wheat fusili, peppers, carrots, green onions, parsley from the herb garden, mixed beans, and a homemade sweet & sour dressing that is really quite good. I meant to add a little cucumber to mine, but forgot. Perhaps when I eat leftovers tomorrow? 😉

food2 295

As I was taking pictures at the dinner table, my mom commented that my burger picture would look better if I had sliced tomato on it. LOL. I’m not going to add tomato just to make it pretty – I’m keeping it real here! I did offer to take a picture of her burger, but she’d already started eating it.

I then spent the evening working on my resume some more, and I even applied for a job. Nothing glamourous, just a part-time cashier job at the local natural & organic food market, but really, the perfect job for a foodie going to school to be a dietician, no? Here’s hoping I hear back, and that they don’t think I’m “over qualified” or something.

Eventually there was a need for dessert – namely, ice cream!

food2 301

I finished off the remnants of a container of Breyer’s Triple Chocolate ice cream. But SOMEONE had scooped out all of the dark chocolate strip. Seriously, who does that? How rude. So I was left with white & milk chocolate. Oh well, it filled the ice cream void.

And now it’s that time again – time to head to bed. I have lunch planned with a friend, so I can’t look like I haven’t slept in years, now can I? Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Snack

11 Comments on “Droopy Eyed”

1. verbalriot
    August 19, 2009 at 12:37 am #

o0o good luck with getting that job! I imagine you get some sort of discount, which would also be great 🙂

2. August 19, 2009 at 5:22 am #

I have one of those “real” jobs you were talking about, and I would give anything to be working in a health food store! And I hear you on the feline alarm clock. If I’m not up in time, a certain someone body slams my bedroom door until I get up, just in time for her to ignore me…

3. August 19, 2009 at 6:08 am #

I don’t like orange popsicles, but that one looked great! Maybe since it’s 90 degrees out??! Good luck with the job, I hope you get it. PArt time jobs are some of the best, in my opinion, because if it’s a cool place to work you still manage to make good friends and get nice perks (discount off the food!!). And not to mention a small check, which can be very helpful.

4. August 19, 2009 at 6:31 am #

I used to love those twin popsicles!! 😀

5. Lizzy
    August 19, 2009 at 6:38 am #

i love reading the paper outside all while eating and sipping on coffee. something so relaxing about that! I’m a new reader of yours and i totally love coming and reading what you have to say! so awesome girl! love it

6. August 19, 2009 at 10:19 am #

I want your burger – NOW! And the corn, you can keep the popcicle!

7. August 19, 2009 at 11:01 am #

Food looks great. Especially the sandwich!

Good luck on that job…that would be perfectly suitable! 🙂

8. August 19, 2009 at 11:50 am #

That cashier job would be perfect – hello, discount!! I can’t let the brat sleep with me because she keeps me up all night. First she wants to lay under the covers, then over, then under, then over, etc. Although this past weekend our chocolate lab decided to “knock” at my door (aka scratch) until I woke up.

9. August 19, 2009 at 12:31 pm #

Hi there! I’ve never commented before, but I’ve been following along for so long, why not? I am also returning to school this fall to become an RD. I think you are a few steps ahead of me though, as my previous degrees did not focus on science. So I am starting off with a couple of semesters of all science, all the time! I am just venturing into the blogging world and have a lot to learn! Your photography is amazing….I can almost taste that corn on the cob! Best of luck…I’ll be reading!

10. August 19, 2009 at 1:52 pm #

Look at that beauty, but teeny piece of corn. I woulda had to eat 3 that size to be full, lol. Oh…burgers and corn. So delish.

Hope you get some rest.

And GL with the cashier job. I think I’d really enjoy working at a health food store!

11. August 19, 2009 at 9:45 pm #

Ooh! That job sounds awesome to me…I wonder if employees get a discount? Yeah for cheap health food!