This Post Is Brought To You By The Letter “B”

Oh Sesame Street – we had some good times. It’s been far too long since I’ve seen that show. Probably because there are no wee ones in my life (and I am totally okay with that).

Foods that start with B were prominent in my eats tonight. First there was dinner – BBQ beef burgers

food2 662

Yes, my burger was topped in plastic processed cheese. That’s how we roll here apparently. I also added some mustard/ketchup/mayo to the fluffy white bun, and some lettuce, onions, and pickles so I could pretend it was healthy.

food2 663

Oh plastic cheese. How can you pass that up, with photos like the above, accentuating the plastic-ness of it. Seriously.

On the side there was a handful of Jalapeno Kettle Chips.

food2 666

I jalapeno chips. They are totally one of my top flavours. And don’t hurt my tummy like regular old jalapenos can.

I hit up the gym later on with my sister, since we skipped out on kickboxing earlier. I spent some time on the stair climber, then doing some upper body weights. I know I got in a good upper body workout, because my arms were actually shaking as I was driving home. Perhaps not the safest, but girl’s gonna get some rockin’ pipes! I can dream, can’t I?

Dessert time was shortly after I walked in the door and got changed 😉

food2 667

It started with a bowl of banana soft serve, topped with peanut butter, because really, nothing goes better than peanut butter & banana

food2 672

What makes peanut butter & banana even better? Chocolate of course – in the form of a Fudgy Wudgy Blueberry Brownie.

food2 669

It was one beautiful bowl of dessert.

Insert some time wasting activities like TV, Wii, and interwebbing, and that about wraps up my day. Oh, and I finally got a respectable picture for my student ID! Yay. I’m hoping it will be ready to pick up on the first day of school, which is quickly approaching. Ack!

Time for this girl to get to bed. Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Baking, Dessert, Dinner

7 Comments on “This Post Is Brought To You By The Letter “B””

1. September 1, 2009 at 5:06 am #

holy moley, i havent had a burger in a very long time.. i cant remember the last time actually and that bbq burger looks awesome 🙂 love how you brought back sesame street! hey girllllll

2. lessonstolearn
    September 1, 2009 at 5:10 am #

Somehow I got quite behind! Congratulations of figuring out the internet problem. Phew!

I laughed at the plastic cheese! You’re right, that’s exactly what it looks like! I’m guilty of eating it though.

3. September 1, 2009 at 5:27 am #

I don’t care what the haters say: white bread and processed cheese hits the spot sometimes!

That dessert looks awesome! Glad you got a good picture 🙂

4. September 1, 2009 at 6:29 am #

Oh Sesame Street, I miss it! We used to guess what the secret letter or number was before the show ended (because they would say it at the end of the show). So fun.

The burger looks amazing (even with the plastic cheese!). And those kettle chips, yeah, Nick and I are HUGE fans! I love brownie, soft serve (any flavor), and pb, perfect combo!

5. September 1, 2009 at 6:47 am #

Dessert please! 🙂 that looks amazing, and so does that processed cheese hamburger (hey it melts real well right?) hahaha

way to go on that workout girl! 🙂

6. September 1, 2009 at 12:21 pm #

I haven’t seen Sesame Street in ages and I have kids! It was one of my fave’s as a kid, though!

Have your tried making a big batch of banana soft serve and then freezing it for later use? I’m just curious as to whether it gets rock hard or is still scoopable…

7. September 1, 2009 at 3:23 pm #

Whatever! Life is too short to not have your occasional processed cheese, white bun and hamburger. Your letter ‘B’ dinner was awesome. However, I would have had 3x that amount in potato chips 😉 !