A Whole Lotta Lara

Larabars that is.

food2 770

Remember how I got that great deal on Larabars this week, where Safeway was selling them off for $0.99 each? Well, I didn’t luck out and find anymore at any of the other Safeways. But Choices Market had them on sale this week 3 for $3.99, or $1.33 each, which is still an awesome deal. Since I knew they would have all the flavours, I headed down there to do a little more stocking up. I think I’m good to go for the school year, don’t you?

The only other fun thing I did today was buy cat food. Actually, that’s really only fun for Sienna.

But I did make an excellent lunch.

food2 767

I had a ripe avocado ready to be used, and a hankering for tuna. The obvious solution – tuna avocado salad sandwich.

food2 766

I mashed up 1/4 of the avocado with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Then I added half a can of tuna (packed in water), as well as some pepper and onion powder. I served mine on top of a toasted English muffin with some of those garden fresh chives.

Also on the menu were crunchy carrot sticks.

food2 763

A bowl of non-fat plain organic yogurt topped with Kashi GoLean Crunch and dried blueberries.

food2 759

food2 758

And the cutest little pear ever. This is another treasure we got from our neighbour yesteday.

food2 765

I felt very Kath-esque with my lunch spread today.

food2 757

Not sure if I’ll be hungry for dinner any time soon though – that was one big lunch!

Well, time to go back to my job search. For those that have asked, so far I haven’t heard back from the health store I applied at, but I see they still have the job posting up on their website, so who knows? I’m not holding my breath or anything though, that’s for sure.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,