Pizza The Hut

Please tell me someone gets that title. Otherwise, I’m just making myself seem old

I’m sure you can all guess what ended up being for dinner tonight.

food2 775

My mom is feeling a bit under the weather, and generally, Friday nights = take out night around here. My dad decided it would be a pizza night. My family always orders from Pizza Hut. Not my fave, but you just have to roll with it. At least my dad asked me what kind of pizza I wanted.

food2 774

I requested “something with vegetables”, then remembered that they had a Mediterranean Vegetable Pizza (baby spinach, roasted red pepper, red onion, tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese), so I requested that. Too bad I forgot it came with olives. At least they are easy enough to pick off. Total aside – I just looked up the nutritional information for fun, and it’s actually not that bad considering it’s take out pizza from a major chain. Good to know

Since my sister doesn’t eat pizza (don’t get me started – she likes all the things that go on pizza, but doesn’t like them all together), they always order cheesy bread sticks as well. I snagged a couple.

food2 776

How much do I love the lighting at the dining room table?! Too bad we never eat in there

food2 773

Another bread stick may have found its way into my belly afterwards. They are kinda tasty

After all that dough and grease settled, I made my way to the gym. Friday nights are my favourite night to go to the gym, since it’s usually pretty dead. I had a lovely sweat session, and came home to promptly plant my rear on the couch to watch some tv. Don’t worry – snack time eventually came around.

food2 777

There was still a little bit of homemade applesauce needing to be eaten up, so I heated it up, and topped it with craisins and pecans. I was also craving some cheddar. Hey, apples & cheddar go together, so why not?

food2 780

Now that I’m finally back at my computer, I think I’m going to get in some blog reading. Night!

PS – if you didn’t get the movie reference for the title, go here.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Snack

13 Comments on “Pizza The Hut”

1. rodi
    September 5, 2009 at 3:41 am #

Ah…yes, Spaceball’s Pizza The Hut, of course I get it. 🙂

I love all your lovely food photos and they’re making me so hungry. Good thing it’s lunch time here in France!

2. lessonstolearn
    September 5, 2009 at 4:30 am #

I’m old too…I immediately thought of Space Balls. Classic movie!

My favorite part of pizza is the doughy, bready part….I could be totally happy with the bread sticks. yum!

3. September 5, 2009 at 6:01 am #

Mmm, mmm applesauce!!

4. September 5, 2009 at 6:17 am #

Pizza Hut reminds me of elementary school! I used to get so excited for Fridays because that was when our school sold Pizza Hut. I have not had it in so long, and I’m impressed with those toppings!! I used to just get pepperoni when I was a kid, but now that my taste buds have matured, I’d really enjoy your toppings you chose (plus the black olives 🙂 ).

5. September 5, 2009 at 7:00 am #

Just give me a plate full of those bread sticks and I’ll be good to go! Those look YUM!!

I’m going to have to try your apple/cheddar combo one of these days!

6. September 5, 2009 at 7:26 am #

Oh man I could give you so many quotes from that movie it’s crazy. Love it! 😀 And that pizza and cheese sticks look amazing! YUM!

7. September 5, 2009 at 7:58 am #

I don’t like olives on pizza either – it seems to overpower every other thing on there!

Hope your momma is feeling better!

8. September 5, 2009 at 1:39 pm #

Pizza Hut used to be my favourite pizza ever, no lie. Like weekly trip when I was wee. Kinda glad that got phased out… I wouldn’t mind having some now for nostalgia reasons though!

Love the cheddar dipped in apple sauce too, hey I think it’s pretty smart!

9. September 5, 2009 at 1:57 pm #

Haven’t had Pizza Hut in years! I use to LOVE their crust!

Cheddar and applesauce sound like something I’d try, too!

10. September 5, 2009 at 2:13 pm #

Pizzzzzzzzzzzzzzza. droooooooooooooool

11. September 5, 2009 at 8:57 pm #

Holy gorgeous pizza! Haha, I love the Spaceballs ref.

12. September 5, 2009 at 9:31 pm #

SPACEBALLS!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Just One « from french fries to flax seeds - May 8, 2010

[…] couple breadsticks, and you’ll have my dinner all figured out. Or look back at some of the other times we’ve had […]