Back To School Eve

Is that an official day? It should be. I’m adding it to all my calendars from now on. HA!

I can’t believe that tomorrow I’m actually heading back to school. It’s a weird feeling. I’d gotten over quitting my job, and these past 3 weeks have been more like a vacation than anything else. But tomorrow makes it official – I’m starting the journey towards a new career. Crazy.

Dinner ended up being a “fend for yourself” night, which was perfect, because I knew exactly what leftover I was going to clean out of the fridge.

food2 861

Yes, there were still two pieces of delicious Mediterranean Veggie Pizza left. How could I let that go to waste?

food2 862

food2 863

food2 859

Of course, I picked off all those nasty black olives. Look at how many there were!

food2 865

I feel the olives were over-represented in the toppings on my pizza. Just my luck eh – the one topping I despise, and they load it up with the damn things.

I was Little Miss Productivity this evening – I printed off a campus map and highlighted all the buildings I need to find, downloaded 50 new songs for my iPod (free offer from eMusic with my new laptop – gotta love that), charged said iPod for my excessive commute, made recovery discs for my new laptop, and responded to a billion emails. Oh, and I’ve applied with another volunteer opportunity on campus, but I’ll expand more on that later, once I’ve checked it out in person 🙂

In amongst all that productivity, I managed a tasty snack.

food2 868

A sliced up sunrise apple, peanut butter, pecan butter, and some raisins.

food2 867

Oh how I love apples and nut butter. Alas, this was the last apple in the house. Obviously, some grocery shopping is in order.

And now, I must sign off, as this girl needs to go to bed. Before midnight? Who am I?! What can I say, it’s a school night 😉 Hopefully I’ll sleep as soundly as someone else did today.

sienna 3338

From Sienna & myself – Night!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Dinner, Sienna, Snack

9 Comments on “Back To School Eve”

1. September 8, 2009 at 5:02 am #

Wowey! You were busy! I love that you printed and highlighted a map – that sounds like something I would do 🙂

Good luck today!! Maybe you’ll get let out early!

2. September 8, 2009 at 5:32 am #

Black olives are my favorite pizza topping. I hope they didn’t go to waste. Good luck with school! Join us in our torture!

3. September 8, 2009 at 5:36 am #

I’ll take your black olives, please!! Your plate looks like my dad’s, he used to pack them up on the side and let me take them all, yeah!

Good luck today. Stay positive and stay strong, you will do great!

4. September 8, 2009 at 6:11 am #

GOOD LUCK!!!!! 🙂

5. September 8, 2009 at 6:39 am #

I just love when cats curl up into cute little balls of fur!

I’m the onmly one in the house who likes olives so when the fam picks them off their pizza, they land on my plate. I woulda eaten yours for sure!!

Good luck for your first day back! Can’t wait to hear all about it…

6. September 8, 2009 at 7:47 pm #

good luck at your first day back! i’m sure it’ll be great!!!

and i’m like you, no olives on my pizza! yuck!

7. September 8, 2009 at 8:43 pm #

Yikes–look at all those olives! If I were dining with you, I would have happily taken them off your hands:)
    Good luck in class tomorrow!

8. September 9, 2009 at 5:24 am #

I’m sure your first day went well–you sound really prepared!! And Back to School Eve should definitely be an official “day” on the calendars, it marks a big deal.

Congratulations on entering this new step in your life, it’s very exciting!

9. Lizzy
    September 9, 2009 at 7:18 am #

I’m a little late in commenting, but i hope your first day goes AMAZING! you’ll do awesome girl!