First Post

From the new laptop! Finally! I was having problems installing my image editing software on here, but I’ve got it figured out now, so I can blog from where ever my heart desires. Freedom!

So my Sunday started out way later than planned. I guess all those early mornings throughout the week finally caught up, and I slept in until 11:30 am. Oops!

It was rather warm out again today, so I went with a cool smoothie.

fffs_lp 003

Into the cup went:

• 1 rather large, ripe banana
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • milk to fill the glass

Alongside, I had one of those addictive Nicer Krispie Treats. No reason you can’t have one for breakfast, right?

fffs_lp 002

Quite enjoyable, if I do say so myself.

fffs_lp 001

After I enjoyed my almost lunch out on the deck in the sun, I went out to do a little clothes shopping again. I actually ended up buying a couple of pairs of jeans, so I could bring them home and get my mom’s opinion as well. Both received a thumbs up, so now I don’t have to go to school naked! Yay! I was also eyeing up a few pairs of shoes, but I really can’t do the whole overhaul of my closet that I would like until I get a little income coming in. Guess that means I should be a little more proactive in my job search, eh?

I threw together a little snack to tide me over til dinner when I got back.

fffs_lp 008

fffs_lp 012

I dished up a little bowl of yogurt topped with some Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Granola and diced dried peaches.

fffs_lp 007

Some juicy red grapes.

fffs_lp 009

And a glass of pomegranate cranberry juice, since I’d missed my morning juice.

fffs_lp 006

I then attempted to get some reading done for my Psychology class, but that turned into an extended nap on the couch. I just couldn’t keep my eyes open! Fortunately I woke up enough to put together dinner.

fffs_lp 019

My parents had gone out, so my sister and I made what we felt like. I went with a salmon burger, with Laughing Cow and ED&BV Lemon Cashew Basil Pesto.

fffs_lp 014

Mom had made some of my favourite dill dip, so I cut up some carrot & cucumber to deliver that deliciousness to my mouth.

fffs_lp 017

And I threw together a little side salad of romaine, zucchini, sunflower seeds, pine nuts, and Brianna’s Honey Mustard Dressing.

fffs_lp 016

Looks so fresh and tasty.

fffs_lp 013

After dinner, I found myself at the gym for a little while, then came home to get some things prepped for my early morning tomorrow. My throat has started to bother me a little this evening as well, so I’m off to have some tea then get some rest. I can’t get sick when we’re only on week 2 of school! Night 🙂

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Dinner, Snack

10 Comments on “First Post”

1. lessonstolearn
    September 14, 2009 at 3:56 am #

I love salmon burgers! So simple, but delicious!

I hope you wake up without a sore throat…I just hate that feeling where I feel like i might be getting sick!

2. September 14, 2009 at 5:31 am #

Drink plenty of hot beverages, and keep eating those fruits and veggies! I’m glad you are enjoying your new laptop. I love being able to blog anywhere, but I usually only blog at home. If I was still in school, however, it WOULD be different!

The salmon burger looks awesome. I had one last night too, but I crumbled it up and made it into a fish taco!

3. September 14, 2009 at 5:39 am #

I hate it when I’m trying to get school stuff done, but my eyes get droopy…except sometimes those naps are the most needed/refreshing!

Hope your throat is better this morning!

4. September 14, 2009 at 5:44 am #

HELL YES for the new laptop!

5. September 14, 2009 at 6:16 am #

Glad you’re liking the new laptop!! Being clothed for school is always a plus 😉

Hope you feel alright today!

6. September 14, 2009 at 7:04 am #

Yaaaay for a new laptop! What did you get? I’ve been jonesing for one for a while but I think I’ll wait until mine dies!

7. September 14, 2009 at 9:59 am #

ooh i want a new lap top!! glad you are enjoying yours 🙂
    Have an awesome second week of school! 🙂

i have yet to try a dried peach.. i have had pretty much every other dried fruit under the sun (har har).. but not peaches!

8. September 14, 2009 at 10:25 am #

Mmmm…dried peaches sounds tasty!

Seeing your salmon burger reminded me that I still have some in the freezer!

9. Lizzy
    September 14, 2009 at 3:50 pm #

Yay for new jeans! i love new denim for the fall!

those veggies i spied look amazing! I love the bright colors 🙂

10. September 14, 2009 at 4:02 pm #

hurray for the new laptop! beautiful dinner!