Food Stylist Needed

Seriously, I’ve had some eats today that you would not describe as aesthetically pleasing. So I apologize now. I blame this sore throat that is verging on turning into a cold for my lack of pretty food.

I was up bright and early for my one and only class of the day. My throat wanted warm food, but I didn’t have much time to make proper oats, so I broke out a package of instant oatmeal that was hanging around – this one was of the Kashi variety, honey cinnamon flavour maybe?

fffs_lp 022

To it I added some chopped up dried peaches, and then milk after it was finished cooking. Which, is why it kinda looks like slop. Sorry about that! I was going for the whole “peaches and cream” thing.

fffs_lp 024

Sticking with the hot foods for breakfast, I had to forgo my normal cold juice, and instead had hot water with honey & lemon. Also not photogenic. At least the mug is pretty 🙂

fffs_lp 023

Off to school I went, where I sat through a riveting biochemistry lecture, and then was off to my first volunteer shift at Sprouts. I had a little time before my shift started, so I started in on the snack I brought.

fffs_lp 027

I actually just ate the red grapes, and saved the Banana Nut Kardea bar for my train/bus ride home.

My first shift was good, it went by really fast. I’m only there for 1 1/2 hours, and the store doesn’t actually open until the last hour of my shift, so it seems like I’m barely there. I would have liked to get in more time or a 2nd shift a week, but so far, it looks like I’ll just have the one for now.

Once I got home, all I wanted for lunch was chicken noodle soup. Too bad we didn’t have any in the house. So I ran up to the grocery store and came home with this.

fffs_lp 029

Pacific Foods Savory Chicken & Rice. It was on sale, so I figured I’d give it a try. Doesn’t quite look as pretty as on the can.

fffs_lp 036

I had my soup with my favourite chicken soup partner – a simple cheese sandwich. On fluffy whole wheat bread.

fffs_lp 033

Always my comfort meal when I’m under the weather.

fffs_lp 030

I did manage to get in some psych reading without falling asleep this afternoon, and so now I think I might see if I can do the same with some biochem reading. Wish me luck!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Breakfast, Lunch, Snack

9 Comments on “Food Stylist Needed”

1. September 14, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

I love peaches and cream oatmeal. I will have to try your recipe of it.

2. September 14, 2009 at 5:51 pm #

Love the simple cheese sandwich! Who needs 800 ingredients when you can just savor the bread and cheese?! Glad your first shift went well – take it easy 🙂

3. Lizzy
    September 14, 2009 at 5:51 pm #

i LOVE cheese sammies! i used to eat that like all time! 🙂 feel better

4. September 14, 2009 at 5:54 pm #

oh i hope you don’t get full blown sick!! without fail, near the start of every term in undergrad, i would catch something. but since i graduated last year, i have been amazingly healthy! *knock on wood*
    rest up!

5. September 14, 2009 at 6:11 pm #

Nothing beats the cheese sandwich (grilled or not) and soup combination! It makes me look forward to crisp fall, and cold winter weather!

6. September 14, 2009 at 7:53 pm #

I totally had soup for dinner tonight…that means the beginning of fall, right?!

and cheese sandwich….YUM!

7. September 14, 2009 at 8:51 pm #

Your food is aesthetically pleasing enough to me–I have a huge craving for a cheese sandwich now!

8. September 15, 2009 at 11:00 am #

I hope that sore throat doesn’t evolve on you. I started with one last Wednesday and still have a wicked cold! 😦

9. September 16, 2009 at 8:05 pm #

i love cheese sammys! yours is adorable